Monday, November 25, 2013

Endless Evergreen


Did you know that the Evergreen stamp set from last year is still available? I bought it last year because there were so many sweet ideas with it. Then Christmas season passed and I never inked it up! Shameful, right?! Also, the Endless Wishes  photopolymer stamp set sold out and is now available only as an MDS download. Boy, am I glad I got it as a stamp :) Stamps are really my first love, although I can still do some cool stuff with MDS. I just like to keep my options open :)


This sketch from Retro Sketches is what started it all for me. I was sitting here thinking about what I could use as the three pieces across the card. The trees from Evergreen popped into my head!


Then I thought I would try this "Triple Threat" color challenge from Dynamic Duos! I do love pink and green together :)


I tried layering these images together, but the colors don't really work well that way. So I kept it simple with only one image per panel. The paper piercing and embossing really help to add interest. And the three strips of silver ribbon help to unify the images a little more.

  • Stamps: Evergreen, Endless Wishes
  • Ink: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Raspberry Ripple, Silver Encore
  • Paper: White, Blushing Bride card stock and Core'dinations
  • Other: Big Shot with Stylish Stripes embossing folder and Apothecary Accents framelits, 1" Square punch, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer and Mat, Silver 1/8" ribbon, Sanding Block, Stampin' Dimensionals, sewing machine and thread

Inside is another pink tree with the sentiment from Evergreen in red. I was going to outline the inside, but I decided not too. It looks good just the way it is :)

Don't forget to go check out the Holiday Sale- one this card alone I used three things that are on this sale: Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Encore ink pad, and Subtles Core'dinations card stock! Great savings you don't want to miss. The sale ends December 2, 2013 at Midnight MST. Make sure your familes have your wish list and send them my way, I can make sure you get the Christmas presents you want ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are so many details I like about this card.... But I gotta say - I wouldn't have thought to use this color combo on a Christmas card but it looks So good! The Apothecary die shape looks awesome in trio, too. So many nice touches -tfs!

Anonymous said...

WOW batman that is AWESOME!! I agree I would have never thought to do that combo for christmas. You made me want that set!! lol I've been resisting. lol Beautiful job!

Yapha Mason said...

What a clever way to use that stamp set and show off all three trees! Great card!

canadian_liner said...

Keeping those lovely images as individual layers/ panels works really well for the Triple Threat challenge, too. Love all the textural details on your card (stitching, piercing, embossing) and the stamping on the inside finishes it off perfectly. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos this week!

Michelle said...

This is fabulous! I love the shape of the the panels you chose and the way you stamped different shaped trees! Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos!

Nancy said...

Very very clever indeed! Love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails