Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ruffles and Flowers


It is well past time I do something with flowers! Boy howdy, I do a lot of masculine stuff. It's not even like I set out to do masculine stuff, it just comes out! But I do like girly stuff too, and here is an example. No challenges used this time, but that's ok. Not every post has to have a challenge attached :)

November is a month of reflection on the blessings in my life, and this helps make a very dreary, gray, and colder month seem a little better. Just because fall has passed and we are starting to get snow and below freezing weather, it doesn't mean the sun can't shine on the other side of those clouds. I am going to send this card to someone who has brightened my day. I hope you all take the time to thank someone in your life this week, in whatever way seems right :)


I did a little bit more watercoloring in 3 colors on the top panel. It is so easy to do this with watercolor paper, your Aqua-painter, and some ink squeezed onto the lid of your ink pad. I think it took me about 3 minutes to do that piece, including drying it with the heat tool! The big stamped shape is from Everything Eleanor, and I have thought about combining it with this image for a long time. Glad I finally got around to it! I stamped the "many thanks" image twice, once in Summer Starfuit, then again in Tangerine Tango, then die-cut both and trimmed out the"thanks" before gluing it to the Summer Starfruit image.

  • Stamps: Harvest of Thanks, Everything Eleanor
  • Ink: Calypso Coral, Summer Starfruit, Tangerine Tango
  • Paper: White, Calypso Coral, Summer Starfruit,Crumb Cake, Watercolor
  • Other: Big Shot with Apothecary Accents and Ovals framelits, Itty Bitty Shapes punches, Baked Brown Sugar Stretch Ruffle ribbon, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Signo white gel pen, sewing machine and thread, dimensionals
Don't forget to come back in a couple of days when I will have a big announcement for you all! You won't want to miss it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this card. The color combination is so uplifting and the water colored panel up top is so pretty (not to mention a great idea). Thanks for sharing your ideas and creativity with us!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I love the water coloring in the background and wow adding those cute little flowers. Perfect for cheering up!! You are so right about the dreary weather. lol

Yapha Mason said...

What a bright and happy card! That watercoloring looks amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails