Sunday, November 17, 2013

Golden Leaves


There is just something so lovely about blue and gold. I love this combo! This was an "I need my mojo back"card. I was trying to get a few projects out for all of you while thinking about putting together a big project in my head! More about that later this week.

Here is the challenge I used for this card. How could I resist an excuse to use leaves! I love to play with leaves, stamped and the real things :) The Paper Players are always good for a helping hand to get your stamping going :)


First I tried just stamping the leaves in Gold Encore ink, but it did not want to dry on the vellum, even with my heat gun. So I took out the gold embossing powder and then, voila! I had my lovely leaves. However, while playing with the design of this card, I put a piece of Washi tape over one edge. When I pulled the tape up, it pulled some of the embossing off, so fair warning!

  • Stamps:Magnificent Maple, Truly Grateful
  • Ink: Soft Sky, Baked Brown Sugar, Gold Encore 
  • Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Sky, Vellum
  • Other: Gold embossing powder, Heat Tool, Signo white gel pen, sewing machine and thread.


More stamping inside. I just can't leave it alone! 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty color combination and I bet the card looks even prettier irl with the gold shimmer. Tfs

Anonymous said...

Soo pretty I love those leaves and the inside rocks too :)

Yapha Mason said...

Those leaves are spectacular! What a gorgeous card! I love the colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails