Saturday, November 23, 2013

Neutrals and Gingham


My goodness, I have had a busy week! With all the organizing of the Stamp Review Crew, work, and getting some much needed de-cluttering of a couple of rooms done, I have barely had time to even think about stamping! My son and his wife came over last night and we had a good time talking and laughing. And today we went looking at new living room furniture. Ummm, maybe we'll wait a little longer!


I was glad to find a couple of challenges that inspired me right off the bat this evening though! This is an interesting color challenge from Nacho Average Challenges. I wouldn't usually use browns and black together!


The Friday Mashup challenge this week was to use gingham, or kraft, or both! It tied right in with the other challenge!

That gingham was made using Basic Black Core'dinations paper, embossing it in both directions with the Stripes embossing folder, then sanding it. It turned out just as I envisioned it! Yes, I used the same image combination earlier this week, but I think it deserved repeating ;) I did discover that I need to get a new Basic Black ink pad though. I have the old style pad (dried out) and the new style ink. They are not compatible! Stazon to the rescue!

  • Stamps: Lots of Thanks, Harvest of Thanks, Everything Eleanor
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Jet Black Stazon
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Basic Black Core'dinations, Whisper White
  • Other: Big Shot with Apothecary Accents and Ovals framelits and Stripes embossing folder, sanding block, 1" Swuare punch, Naturals ribbon, dimensionals, sewing machine and thread
And look Ma! No white gel pen! Oh, wait. I used it on the inside...


I really am addicted to that white gel pen ;) The inside is not naked either. I stamped part way off the card stock with the "many thanks" image in the lower right corner.

All right. I need to head to bed. We are cooking our Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. Too many shift workers in our family to get together on Thursday. The ham and turkey breast are int he fridge, and the veggies are all waiting for me in the morning. I plan on getting some more stamping done tomorrow afternoon. I need to get a few projects done, including the ones for the hop on December 2nd! Don't forget to come and check it out :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this card. The color combo worked out great and I really like the sentiments on the little flags! Great idea with making the gingham pattern with the stripes folder; I will definitely be giving that a try! TFS

Yapha said...

What a stunning card! I love how you made the black gingham. So clever! Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

Anonymous said...

GREAT card!! Love the layered main image! Thanks for joining the Nachos!!

Shans Design Studio said...

Great card and wonderful use of both challenges! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos. Hope to see you again soon! :)

Kathya said...

Gorgeous! I too like how you made the black gingham background. Love the banners and great way to combine both challenges. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges.

Anonymous said...

Wow beautiful card!!! I love every detail even that whit gel pen you so fond of. lol

Avery Murphy said...

I love the layout of your card. You did a great job at combining all the challenges into one card. Thank you for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

Christy Lynn said...

I like how the sanded gingham turned out and all the little thanks tags coming off your main image. Great job! Thanks for joining the Nachos for this color challenge!

hollybeary creations said...

This came out so pretty.. I love how you used the challenge colors. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails