Friday, November 15, 2013

Deer Mashup CAS(E)

Now doesn't that title sound like a mess! Honestly, naming posts is sometimes a challenge. I can't always be original. But I bet you don't see this one anywhere else ;)

The title comes from the combination of challenges I used to make this card and gift bag.


http://www.fridaymashup.com/2013/11/fm136-3-d-in-color.html




The Friday Mashup challenge for this week was to use Always Artichoke, Baked Brown Sugar, and Crushed Curry on a project and/or make a 3D project. I did both :)


http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/2013/11/case-this-sketch-54.html

I also used this sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch! It all worked out nicely :)




Here is the gift bag. It is a brown lunch sack cut down to about 6¾" high, then cardstock applied to the front and back. Makes a very nice gift bag! THe Crumb Cake panel is woodgrain embossed in addition to stamping and sponging.

And we can't have a gift bag without a matching card, can we! They are slightly different. I think this is a good thing, spices it up just a bit. After I finished these projects, I re-inked my Baked Brown Sugar, it was getting pretty dry! It worked for these with the rustic feel, but it needs to be juicier for other stuff! Can you see the woodgrain on the white circle?
  • Stamps: Remembering Christmas, Gorgeous Grunge
  • Paper: Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
  • Ink: Crushed Curry, Baked Brown Sugar, Always Artichoke
  • Other: Big Shot with Deco Labels and Circle framelits and Woodgrain embossing folder, Burlap and Crushed Curry Chevron ribbons, Signo white gel pen, sponge, Paper Piercer, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals

And looked who came to visit me while I was working at my desk! This moth was flying all over the room, landing on my stamping stuff over and over again. He would take a little rest and then be off again. He even tried to land on my face! I wonder where he came from. The weather is not so nice and it was freezing rain this afternoon. Maybe he just came in to get warm :)

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Fantastic projects Tanya! Very rustic and outdoorsy, perfect for your neck of the woods!

You did a great job mashing up the challenge, thank you so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Anonymous said...

I cracked up at the title I thought oh no that don't sound good I went to hunting right away. ROFL I love the card though very cool as always!! The colors are fantastic. You are rocking this set!

Heidi Baks said...

The colors and the layout worked out beautifully! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Yapha Mason said...

Oh Tanya, you combined those challenges fabulously!! Great projects, and I love the deer head in Baked Brown Sugar. It is just perfect!

Paper Art Garden said...

The bag and the card are really cute. Love the chevron ribbon with the burlap ribbon. The gorgeous grunge looks great on the card.

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Tanya, I just love this! A great design that showcases the colors beautifully. The deer stands so proudly on the layered background with the texture of the burlap ribbon. I love your idea of the cardstock on the paper bag! Thanks for sharing at the Friday Mashup this week;)

Anonymous said...

Funny name for some great projects!
The visual texture with both the burlap and splotches of color look really neat. (Well, messy… in a cool looking way…) And the moth looks like he belongs with those projects; how did you manage that?! ;)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, gosh, first of all, that moth would be freaking me out if it was in my house!! LOL!
Your cards are great!

Betty said...

Great take on the sketch and I love both cards. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Lynda Day said...

I really like the card with the splats from Gorgeous Grunge. You really did a nice job this week. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails