Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Snow Angel Joy

Do you remember this little snow angel from last year's Holiday Mini? I just love this set, and had to bring it out to play with this background.

http://unscriptedsketches.com/2013/11/unscripted-sketches-232/

This sketch from Unscripted Sketches is what started it all. My friend, and very talented stamper, Adriana made a stunning card with this sketch here with strips of DSP as the stripes! That is what pushed me over the edge and made me create this card.



I cut ¾" strips of the DSP and glued them down on a 4¾" square of Smokey Slate to create the diagonal striped pattern. I was going for a winter thinking-of-you card and I think this would work as a non-Christmas winter card. And I couldn't pass up the sequins that seem to coordinate so well with the turquoise to teal colors we have in the current SU palette :) The trim on this little angel are painted with Frost White shimmer paint and an Aqua-painter, which is still available on the clearance rack right now. Love this stuff!
  • Winter Wonderland, Endless Wishes
  • Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Illuminate, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Silver Encore, Smokey Slate
  • Paper: Pool Party, Smokey Slate, Bermuda Bay, White, Winter Frost DSP pack
  • Other: Big Shot with Deco Label and Circle framelits, 1" Square punch, Blender Pen, Frost White shimmer paint with Aqua-painter, Signo white gel pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, sequins, sewing machine and thread
 Inside, snowflakes are stamped in Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, and Illuminate. You can see that also see that I used a lot of dimension on the main image. That was not intentional! I added the Bermuda Bay layer at the end, as the main image seemed to blend in to the background without that pop of color.

Countdown to the first ever Stamp Review Crew blog hop- 5 days to go! Don't miss it :) It just so happens that Stampin' Up has had such a good turnout for the Holiday Sale, they are having more 24 hour only sale items on Dec. 2nd, 2013 also! It happens to be Cyber Monday also :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just so cute!! I love how you cut the dsp into strips so the smoky slate card stock would show that is a great idea!!

Yapha said...

Oh that is super cute! That DSP is perfect with the snow angel, and I love how you cut it into strips!

Tanya Boser said...

The DSP strips where totally Adriana's idea, and I LOVED it, clearly :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! As always! I'm a huge fan of your work, Tanya!!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails