Monday, November 4, 2013

Simple Joy

Pink and green, one of the most versatile color combos in my arsenal! I love this color combo and I can find a way to use it for almost any occasion :) Today I am using it for a Christmas card.


http://lawnscaping.blogspot.com/2013/11/challenge-69.html

And keeping up with my plan to use more challenges, I used the Lawnscaping Challenge for this week, which is to "Let the sentiment stand out!"


This started with the background panel, which I sponged then stamped. It was just a random piece of white cardstock I had on my desk. Then I had to make it fit in the card layout! I have been itching to use this big Christmas sentiment set, so here was my chance. I colored the letters of "Joy" with Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz markers for more interest. After I stuck the rhinestones on, I remembered that I just bought a pile of sequins and they would have looked great on this card too. If only I had remembered sooner :)
  • Stamps: World Map BG, Joy to the World, Christmas Messages
  • Ink: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
  • Paper: White, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake
  • Other: 1" Square punch, sponges, Signo white gel pen, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, dimensionals

I sponged some spots of color on the inside, then stamped the sentiment over it. I think it adds a nice touch to the inside without being too bold. 


9 comments:

laurelbeard said...

So pretty!! :)

Thank you so much for joining us at the Lawnscaping Challenge this week!!!!

Laurel

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping !

Yapha Mason said...

Gorgeous card! That sentiment goes so well with the World Map stamp! Very clever and very pretty!

Lynnette said...

Love the colors, so pretty

Anonymous said...

What a cool Christmas card. Love the atypical colors and the use of the map is brilliant in combination with the sentiment. Seriously, I would have never thought to put the two together. You are so clever!

Paper Art Garden said...

Pink and green are my personal favorites! The map is beautiful. I also love the sponging over the inside greeting.

Elise C. said...

This is so pretty! I really like the sentiment that you created! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

Anonymous said...

It is so pretty! Your rocking all the challenges!

Christiana said...

Such a pretty card. The green and pink are perfect together. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails