For those who are new to the Stamp Review Crew, here is a little background. We are an international group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators that gets together on the first and third Mondays of every month to do a blog hop. Each hop features a single stamp set to give you loads of inspiration for that set! The hops are archived at the Stamp Review Crew blog, and you will be able to click through each hop at any time, going directly to the posts for that hop whenever you want! And you can click on the banner of this post to go to the master blog roll for this hop also.
If you are following along in order, then you have just arrived from the delightful Heidi Bak's blog, and I am sure that she was inspiring 😊
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper to 4"x5¼", tape down to a board with painter's tape. Sponge Watermelon Wonder in a rough circle in the center of the panel. Sponge Peekaboo Peach around the Watermelon circle, then sponge Crushed Curry over the remaining white space. Spritz with water until you get some movement in the colors. Air dry or dry with heat tool. I used my heat tool.
- With a scrap of watercolor paper at least 2½"x3", wipe with Embossing Buddy, then stamp the balloon in Versamark and Copper heat emboss. After it cools, die cut the balloon with the coordinating die. Use Aqua-painter or a watercolor brush to add Peekaboo Peach and Crushed Curry coloring.
- Take a piece of Vellum that is at least 4"x3", wipe with Embossing Buddy, and stamp the sentiment in Versamark, Copper heat emboss. Trim to create a strip about 1½"x4".
- Stitch the sentiment strip to the watercolor panel and continue the stitching all the way around the panel.
- Adhere the balloon to the panel with dimensionals.
- Adhere the completed panel to a Thick Whisper White card base with Fast Fuse or Tear and Tape.
- Inside, ink up half of the balloon image with Crushed Curry, and the other half with Watermelon Wonder. Then use a sponge with Watermelon Wonder ink on it to blend the colors in the middle of the stamp. Stamp inside the card. All done!
Here is the inside with the ombre balloon. Sweet, right?!
Then I made these little treat envelopes. They are so easy peasy! They are made with the Envelope Punch Board with the 3"x4" card settings. Then when you glue it together, leave a narrow end flap up instead of a wide end flap! There is some Copper heat embossing and watercoloring done on one, and Copper heat embossing on the other with Clear Wink of Stella added to the balloon on the other.
Now it is time to see the amazing design stylings of Charlet Mallett!!
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)