Hello friends! Today I am using two sets from Kindred Stamps to make some vibrant and masculine birthday cards using watercolor as a main component. Watercolor and I are old friends 😁
This first card is made using the Day of the Dead stamp set with this adorable boy and his dog. I was going for a night scene with a marigold bridge.
The background here was all inked on one panel of watercolor paper in Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, and Wild Honey Distress Inks. It was then liberally spritzed with Pearlized water and dried with my heat tool.
The floral embossing is a die from the Hero Arts April 2018 kit, and I used a silicone mat and the embossing sandwich.
Then I used a stitched edge die to cut the two colors apart. The yellow is popped up with my favorite dimension method, some coasters! They are thinner than most foam dimensionals, you can use whatever adhesive you have handy, it die cuts like a dream, and it is 100% recyclable! And cheap. OK, off that soapbox. 😊
The sentiment is gold heat embossed on white cardstock that is spritzed with Pearlized water also.
Copics were used to color the boy and the dog. I actually used the same colors for the boy's hair and the dog's fur!
Inside, I stamped a couple of the banners, then just a little water, watercolored the banners with the same inks as the cardfront. I used #110 white cardstock for the cardbase, so it could handle it.
I also used a Sakura Stardust Jelly Roll pen to add some sparkle to the banners.
For my second card, I am using the Electrifying! stamp set. I wanted to focus on the car this time.
I started the background with a panel of watercolor paper (140lb Canson XL) cut to 4"x5¼". I sponged on Grey Granite ink and spritzed with water, then dried with my heat tool.
After treating the panel with my anti-static embossing buddy, I stamped the cars in Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear heat embossed them.
Then it was time to watercolor those cars! Yes, right over the top of the color in the background. I used Coastal Cabana, Poppy Parade, and Blueberry Bushel inks squeezed into the ink pad lids and picked up with a wet watercolor brush.
I used Black Soot Distress Ink to color the tires. It only takes a smidge of that ink, by the way!
The chrome is all painted with Pewter Perfect Pearls. I added a smidge of the Perfect Pearls to a palette and added a double portion of water to create a paint. Then I just used my watercolor brush to paint it on.
I made a very short video showing the shimmer here:
Now go, make your own vibrant masculine cards!