Sunday, October 19, 2008

Scallop Circle Punch Santa Tutorial

Here it is as promised! Sorry the photos are a little fuzzy, I tried to get up too close.
You will need:
Scallop Circle Punch
Standard hole punch
Paper: Blush Blossom, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White

Start with 4 punched scallop circles: 2 Whisper White, 1 Riding Hood Red, and 1 Blush Blossom
and 2 white and 1 red standard hole punches.

Leave the Blush Blossom whole.
Trim 3 scallops off of one White circle
Trim 5 scallops off the remaining white circle and the red circle

Glue the 5 scallop red piece on the top of the blush blossom circle


Glue the 5 scallop white piece on the bottom of the Blush circle.



Glue the 9 scallop white piece on the back of your Santa to the scallops just above the previous white piece.


Glue mustache on front of Santa just above the front white piece as shown.

Glue the 9 scallop red piece on the back of the Santa with its first scallop behind the 2nd red scallop on the front so part of it extends past the face, forming the hat.

Add the standard hole punches as the eyes and nose, then use marker to add the eyeballs. All done!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

this is sooo cute. I can't wait to make one.. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

How clever is that.

I must buy those scallop punches and give a try.

Thanks for sharing

Liana said...

very cute 'cept that he needs googly eyeballs.... ;)

Keryn Campbell said...

Thanks for a very clear tutorial. I'm going to give it a try this morning.

Keryn Campbell said...

I've made one myself now and it's up on my blog. Exactly the same as Tanya's except I hightlighted the red layers in his hat.

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial. This santa is just too cute. I shared a link to your blog to my friends in my weekly stamping group. I'm sure we will be making some of these. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! I'll have to remember this for next years cards as I just posted all mine yesterday!! :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails