We made these at club on Thursday night, and my ladies tell me it was the easiest project of the night, lol! These little cuties will hold a lot of different things... chapstick, nail polish, lipstick, jewelry... all kids of cute little things! I'll try to do a little tutorial.
- 6"x6" piece of Designer Series paper
- two 1" x 3-1/2" pieces of card stock scored down the middle at 1/2"
- two 6" pieces of ribbon
- Sticky Strip
- paper cutter with scoring blade
- small piece of velcro fastener
- On the 6x6 piece, Score 2 sides at 1-1/4" from each edge, turn 90 degrees and score the remaining 2 sides at 2-1/4" from each edge. See figure A below.
- Crease all score lines well. Then bring the corner to the edge and crease a diagonal fold as shown in figure B below.
- Use Crop-A-Dile hole punch to punch a hole 5/8" in from each end of the 1x3-1/5" pieces of card stock. These are for the ribbon ends to slip through.
- Adhere ribbon ends inside by placing a strip of Sticky Strip over the top. Put another strip of Sticky Strip on the other side of the crease inside the piece.
- Lay the 6x6" piece inside pattern facing up, fold the 1-1/4" sides in. Adhere the purse top/handle pieces to each end.
- Pull middle sides out as you fold pull the handles up and your purse should take shape. Apply your velco pieces to keep the purse closed.
- Embellish as desired.
I hope this is a helpful tutorial! And please excuse the poor color of the photos, it was after midnight and this was the best I could do with the available lighting...