Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Birthday SA Blog Hop!


Welcome to another Stampin' Addicts Blog Hop! Stampin' Addicts is 2 years old already, can you believe it?! We all wanted to celebrate it with everyone so we are going to share some of our favorite techniques with you all and have a lot of fun doing it :)

If you started at the beginning of the hop, then you probably just came from Rhonda's blog The Stampin Bunny where she shares some Baby Wipe creativity. So cute!!

I will be showing you some projects featuring the Faux Reverse Letterpress technique. I LOVE this technique. It has drama and texture. What more could I ask for?!




My #3 child, Dakota, turns 19 in a couple weeks. I couldn't resist making a birthday banner for him using the Petal Cone die. This is only one quarter of the banner. I wanted you to be able to see the details. Lots of bold color and fun masculine textures here :) 



And Dakota loves to cook and to try to come up with his own recipes. I found this blank notebook at a local print shop for $1.50 and knew I had to use it for this project. So this is one of the things he will get for his birthday :)


 And how about a little Easter carrot? This is with the Petal Cone die again. Don't you love how the woodgrain texture plate with tone on tone Peach Parfait give it such a great texture?


 And last but not least, here is a project I have been meaning to do for months now. I thought it would be a really time consuming project, but I made this one in less than an hour!
Check back later this week for more info on recipes and instructions on these projects!

And on with the show! If you would like to see the roll call and links to all of the blogs in one spot, go here. The next stop is Mary's blog where she will be featuring Shimmer Paint. Oh, man! I love that stuff too!!




Next Blog------->


<-------Previous Blog


29 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

This is one of my favorite techniques! I love how your tissue box came out!!

Betty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty said...

Wow- cool technique! I love the bold patterns for the banner!

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Definetly deserves a WOW! factor!!! Beautiful projects!

Anonymous said...

Great projects. Love the depth of color you got with this technique. Will definitely have to try it!

Jen Timko said...

How great these all are. I love the box particularly.

Yapha said...

These are all fabulous!! I can't wait for the instructions!

Lois said...

I need to try this technique! Have seen it many times, but just haven't taken the time to do so - thanks for the nudge! Love the projects - esp. the "Secret Recipe" notebook. May have to make one for my 15 yoa experimenter!

Lois said...

I need to try this technique! Have seen it many times, but just haven't taken the time to do so - thanks for the nudge! Love the projects - esp. the "Secret Recipe" notebook. May have to make one for my 15 yoa experimenter!

Kim said...

I haven't tried this before. I need to get my plates out and do some of these!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Great projects Tanya!! You make it look so easy! I can never get my ink to cover so evenly. Great job! Love the "carrot" Petal Cone.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

This is fun, fun, fun--love that banner especially.

Looking forward to hearing the details, Tanya--and happy birthday to the Birthday Dude!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Girl awesome!! I can never get mine to look that great!! Love all of the projects!!

Carmen said...

You are a master at this!! Love the banner!

Denise Willerton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise Willerton said...

Hi Tanya ~ I love your blog and creations ~ I'm passing on the Stylish Blogger Award to you. Please stop by my blog for more information!

www.chezmoicreations.blogspot.com/

sorry about the last comment, my web add. was incorrect!

Cindy said...

Dakota's going to love that recipe book! The textures and colors on the banner rock, too!

Anonymous said...

Tanya, you never fail to impress. Thanks for the cool ideas using this technique.

Amy said...

Tanya, these are GREAT projects! I need to try this technique!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love all your projects! I am really glad you showed making a banner with the petal cone. I've been wanting the pennant die for that for a long time, but I've also been wanting the petal cone....nice to know I can do banners with the petal cone.

Twila said...

SUper projects, Tanya. I've got to say I've never seen this technique before, will have to try it now that I've seen your projects.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

So fun! I love the banner. Gosh darn it, I love it all!

Barbara Welch said...

Tanya, I love the banner, and the bright colors. Really showcases the technique too.

Kandi said...

Great technique! I've not seen it before

Debra Burgin said...

Well, now I am intrigued! Please, please tell me how you made these fabulous effects!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Super cute projects!!I'll check back for the kleenex box tutorial!

Susan said...

Wonderful and lovely creations, I do not even know how to do letter press let alone reverse letter press.
Thanks for sharing! HB to your son :)
Susan

Auntie Em said...

Wow, this technique really does make the images pop! Love it!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Awesome technique and awesome projects! I am putting this on my "to do" list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails