Friday, November 29, 2013

String of Lights

Ornament Keepsakes has lots of Christmas bulbs, but did you know there is a light bulb in this set?! Such pretty ones too :)


http://rubberredneck.typepad.com/rubber-redneck/2013/11/color-round-up-89-wishing-you.html

I started with this color challenge from my friend and fellow Minnesotan, Holly at Rubber Redneck. It made me think of the big strings of old fashioned Christmas lights.


http://nachoaveragechallenges.blogspot.com/2013/11/nacho-average-challenge-65.html

Then I added this sketch challenge from Nacho Average Challenges, and I had quite a nice recipe!

I had originally decided to do some Christmas ornaments hanging from a bough, but then I spied a stamp in this set that looked like those fun, old light strings. I got all excited and dove right in! I love it when an idea turns out well. I needed some glitz on this card, so the glimmer paper was a must!
  • Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, Endless Wishes
  • Ink: Gumball Green, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Crushed Curry 
  • Paper: Real Red card stock and Core'dinations, Crumb Cake, White, Champagne Glimmer
  • Other: Big Shot with Stylish Stripes embossing folder, Holiday Ornaments and Bitty Banners framelits, and Expressions thinlits, Sanding Block, Signo white gel pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, black pen
More lights on the inside. I haven't decided what to put on the inside, but I will before I send it out. This one is actually pretty flat with only on layer of dimensionals :)

I hope your weekend is going well, and that you come back on Monday to check out the first edition of the Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop. I am so excited to share this with you!


10 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Such a clever card! Those colors are perfect for the old fashioned Christmas lights! Great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

irishgalkelly said...

Clever indeed Tanya!! I think you are really smart to see the shape of the lights in this set! This would also make a great scrap book page. Your card is so festive and fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW you are one smart cookie!! lol I love, love your card!!! Thanks for playing along with me too!!!

Christy Lynn said...

I love your string of lights! Great use of both the sketch and the colors together. Thanks for joining in the fun at Nacho Average Challenges!

Kathya said...

Beautiful card Tanya! Love the colors and the layout. Thanks for playing along with the Nachos again!

Leilani McGranahan said...

I like your card. Great use of product. Thanks for playing with us,.

Anne Hayward said...

Looks like Christmas! Love your string of ornaments.

Rose said...

A truly "Merry" card and a great idea and use of the colors. TFS-

Anonymous said...

Oh, fun! It looks just like the lights on my neighbor's house. I love those!

Shans Design Studio said...

What a great use of both challenges! Also love how you made the lights with that ornament. Thanks for playing along with the Nachos. Hope to see you again soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails