Sunday, April 3, 2016

Stamp Review Crew: White Christmas Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2016/04/stamp-review-crew-white-christmas.html
Ok, I realize it is April and most people are snow-free by now. You might even be planting a garden! But odds are, my yard still looks like this! And why not use the atmosphere to inspire some fun wintery cards :) OK, I am sure we will all come up with some non-wintery uses for the White Christmas set. That is kind of our specialty, thinking outside the box. You will have to let us know how we do :)

Remember you early hoppers, we work out the kinks on Sunday evening my time, so if you run in to links that don't work, or incomplete posts, come back after midnight, US Central Time and it will be working just fine.

If this is your first time hopping with us, then I should tell you that we are an international group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators that gets together every first and third Monday of the month to feature a single stamp set. We share lots of ideas for that set to get you excited and inspired :) You can check out the master blog roll on our home blog, and find all of our past hops, and all of the links will take you directly to the posts you are looking for!

If you are hopping along in order, you just came from Nikki Spencer's blog. That's some beautiful stuff right there, my friend!

First up is a fun spring card. I knew that I wanted to add some budding leaves on these trees, and then I spotted that adorable little bird in the set. It quickly became a Bluejay! This scene was stamped in Archival Black ink on Watercolor paper, then an Aqua-painter is used to add color to the sky and grass, and to make the bird a bluejay. I added a little gray to the tree trunks to add some pizzazz. The sentiment is from this set also, I just cut off the Christmas part. I saved it of course :)


Next I wanted to create a simple guy card. No frills, just lots of graphic impact. So, white embossed animals on Crumb Cake! I will decide what sentiment to use when I figure out who to send it too :)

Now it is time to "run" on over to Heidi Baks' blog! I can't wait to see the amazing stuff she has for us this time :)

http://runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-stamp-review-crew-white-christmas.html


http://nikkispencer-mysandbox.blogspot.com/2016/04/stamp-review-crewwhite-christmas-edition.html



Product List

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh yes, snow in April in MN... Aren't we lucky!? :) both cards are great but that deer and bear one is too adorable!! Would make great baby shower decor!

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards are amazing Tanya! Clever work on adapting the Christmas sentiment and I love love love the simplicity of the animal card. I'm wondering if I just need to buy this stamp set so I can use it for all the great non White Christmas ideas! Kelly x

Rochelle Blok said...

Two fabulous cards Tanya! Love that you've turned a Christmas/winter set into a spring scene. I think you certainly filled the graphic element to your card. Love the simplicity of the white on Crumb Cake but it has so much impact. Love it! Rochelle xo

Heidi Baks said...

Ah, like me, you are thinking spring. I love the bear and deer collage on Crumb Cake. So simple, and yet it really pops.

Paula Dobson said...

I think both these cards are great Tanya, but I particularly love the white on Crumb Cake one!!

Nikki Spencer said...

Great cards Tanya and thanks for choosing this set to play with, it was fun and so many great ideas from the DT too. I do love your Crumbcake card, the repetitive stamping makes such a fabulous background. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails