For those who are new to the Stamp Review Crew, here is a little background. We are an international group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators that gets together on the first and third Mondays of every month to do a blog hop. Each hop features a single stamp set to give you loads of inspiration for that set! The hops are archived at the Stamp Review Crew blog, and you will be able to click through each hop at any time, going directly to the posts for that hop whenever you want! And you can click on the banner of this post to go to the master blog roll for this hop also.
If you are following along in order, then you just arrived from the amazing Holly Krautkremer's blog!
Here is the nitty-gritty of how I made this card:
- Cut a panel of watercolor paper to 4"x5¼". Apply a wash of Sahara Sand with an Aqua-painter. Allow to dry well, or dry with a heat tool if your are impatient link me :)
- Brush with Embossing Buddy to remove static, and test for dryness by sprinkling with Embossing powder to make sure nothing sticks. This step will save your a lot of trouble later.
- Stamp the pumpkins and the stems in Versamark and heat emboss with White embossing powder. Stamp the "Hello" in Versamark and then emboss with Copper embossing powder.
- Use Aqua-painter with Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive ink to color the pumpkins, let dry.
- Stamp the pumpkin in Pumpkin Pie and the stem in Old olive on the inside of the card, then color in with a blender pen or Aqua-painter.
- Apply Clear Wink of Stella to the pumpkins everywhere!
- Stitch around the watercolor panel.
- Adhere the watercolor panel to the card front with dimensionals. All done!
Here is the how-to:
- Stamp the mummy jar in Archival Black and heat emboss with Clear embossing powder, or Versamark and use Black embossing powder.
- Watercolor mummy with Sahara Sand ink and an Aquapainter. Do the face with very dilute Peek-a-Boo Peach. Apply Clear Wink of Stella. Die cut with the medium sized jar from Everyday Jars framelits.
- Cut a 4"x4¾" panel of Sahara Sand, emboss with the Sparkle embossing folder. Cut a diagonal line through the panel. Stitch around the edges of both pieces.
- Lay panel on the front of the Thick Whisper White card base to find placement for the sentiment, then stamp the sentiment in Archival Black. Stamp the second part of the sentiment on the inside of the card.
- Adhere the Sahara panels to the card front with dimensionals.
- Adhere the mummy jar to the bottom left corner of the card front with dimensionals. All done!
Now it is time to go see what Mickey Robert's has created. I am certain that it is fabulous!
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :) Product List