For those who are new to the Stamp Review Crew, here is a little background. We are an international group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators that gets together on the first and third Mondays of every month to do a blog hop. Each hop features a single stamp set to give you loads of inspiration for that set! The hops are archived at the Stamp Review Crew blog, and you will be able to click through each hop at any time, going directly to the posts for that hop whenever you want! And you can click on the banner of this post to go to the master blog roll for this hop also.
If you are following along in order, then you have just arrived from the amazing Nikki Spencer's blog. Did you love it as much as I did?!
- Sponge the watercolor panel with Cajun Craze, Peekaboo Peach, and Delightful Dijon. Then spritz the panel with water, let the colors blends and shift, and let it air dry. Yes, I really did, no heat gun this time!
- Stampthe paisleys in Versamark on the panel and heat emboss in Copper.
- Copper emboss the "birthday" on a strip of vellum and trim it down. And Copper emboss paisleys all over a ¾" strip of vellum. This gets stapled to the inside of the Crumb Cake card base.
- Hold the vellum strip in place and stitch around the watercolor panel with sewing machine and white thread.
- Die cut "happy" from Cajun Craze.
- Staple the "happy" in place.
- Adhere the front panel to the card front with dimensionals. All done!
Last up is this bright and sun-shiny thank you card! A little Emerald Envy and Delightful Dijon applied in layers of colors, then spattered with water and dabbing off some of the color. Then I Versamark stamped the paisleys and leaves blowing across the card and embossed in Gold.
The "thanks" is actually a piece of vellum inked up with Versamark, then Gold heat embossed. Then I die cut this word from the embossed vellum. The die cut matches the embossing perfectly! Of course, I realized the die was retired long after I made the card. Oops!
More of the blowing paisleys and leaves in stamped-off Sahara Sand, and the Gold embossed sentiment on watercolor paper trimmed down.
See, I was not kidding! I love paisleys!! Do you love them more now, too? Well, if I couldn't convince you, maybe Valerie Moody can! She is the next stop on our hop.
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)