For those who are new to the Stamp Review Crew, here is a little background. We are an international group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators that gets together on the first and third Mondays of every month to do a blog hop. Each hop features a single stamp set to give you loads of inspiration for that set! The hops are archived at the Stamp Review Crew blog, and you will be able to click through each hop at any time, going directly to the posts for that hop whenever you want! And you can click on the banner of this post to go to the master blog roll for this hop also.
If you are following along in order, you arrived from the fabulous Debra Burgin's blog! Love her stuff!!
- Cut a piece of Watercolor paper to 4"x5¼", tape to a board with painter's tape.
- Squeeze the lids of Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake inkpads to get ink inside the lids, or place a drop of reinker in the lids.
- With an Aqua-painter, or a watercolor brush, apply clean water to the entire panel. Add a wash of Sahara Sand to cover the panel, then apply a wash of Crumb Cake across the center of the panel. Air dry or dry with the heat tool, I used a heat tool.
- Sprinkle/splash clean water on the panel, let it sit for a few seconds, then dab up with a clean rag or paper towel. Air dry or dry with a heat tool again.
- Die cut the "congrats" from Kraft, and the scribbled heart in Dazzling Diamond Glitter paper. Liberally apply Clear Wink of Stella to the "congrats". Set aside to dry.
- Take a piece of vellum at least 3"x 3" square. Then one at a time, stamp the sentiments in Archival Black, Clear heat emboss, then trim off the sentiment in about a ½" strip, repeating for a total of 3 strips, Dovetail the ends.
- Lay your pieces on the watercolor panel to get your placement. Ink up the one of the heart images from Tie Dyed in Crumb Cake, and stamp in the center of the panel where it will show through the scribble heart die cut.
- Lay all the pieces on the watercolor panel again, stitch the pieces to the watercolor panel as shown above.
- Adhere the completed watercolor panel to a Crumb Cake card base with dimensionals.
- Stamp the paint swoosh image in stamped off Crumb Cake inside, then add a Crumb Cake Tie Dyed heart, and then the modified sentiment in Archival Black. Yes, I did a little stamp surgery to get the sentiment I wanted. All Done!
And now it is time to check out the talented Valerie Moody's blog, she is sure to WOW you!
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)