Monday, January 8, 2018

Playing with PTI: Year of Psalms

So, you all know that I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. And that I love SU products.

But I must confess, I love lots of different stamp manufacturers stuff. And I buy from other companies too. I am sure that if you are an avid crafter, you do too. 

Well, this year I have decided that I need to share more of the projects that I make when I give myself permission to use whatever I have in my stash without regard to the maker of the supplies.

I also believe that we should use what is in our stash! I mean, we bought it to use it, right?! At least, I did. Sometimes I need to pet it for a while before I actually use it though 😉

So to that end, I am starting this off with a bunch of cards that I created using the PaperTrey Ink Year of Psalms: June mini set. Perfect for an ongoing project I started this fall!

 I recently started making cards for card ministry at the church I go to. If you can call attending services a handful of times in the last 20 years....what can I say! I work shift work. And I believe God is not just in the church, but in our lives all the time. And that he has a twisted sense of humor 😃

I love to play with color, and decided to just go for it! I am pretty sure I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks here, Tumbled Glass and Broken China- if I remember correctly...

This is just some white cardstock, not watercolor, and I used the Ink Smooching technique. Smooch the ink pads onto a nonporous surface, like a teflon sheet/craft mat, spritz with water, and smooch your paper into the ink. Sprinkle water on the dried panel and dab off some ink to create the splash marks.

I then took a retired Oval die from Stampin' Up! and cut out the center of the panel. The sentiment is done with Onyx Black Versafine ink and Clear Heat embossed.

I ran out of plain Clear embossing powder this summer, and dug through my stash. Do you remember the scented embossing powder SU carried a few years ago? Well, I had a tub of the Peppermint scented stuff, so I dumped it in my Clear embossing powder container and started using it up too! I am almost through that too... I guess I emboss a lot 😉

With these, I sponged the colors onto the cardstock, then sprinkled with water and dabbed off some ink.

On the white background version, I embossed with the Seaside embossing folder from Stampin' Up!

The card on the left was created by picking up the last of the ink on the craft mat after the first 2 cards in the post were done.

And the card on the right is more sponging with a scene using more of the images from the stamp set.

So, what product in your craft room is just begging for you to go play with it?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails