Sunday, May 20, 2018

Stamp Review Crew: Sweet Cupcake

https://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2018/01/picture-perfect-birthday.html
Wow, this is the last SRC hop before the new catalog starts! Can you believe it?! This time we are featuring Sweet Cupcake stamp set. It is such a fun stamp set, and has a wonderful coordinating die set!

For those who are new to the Stamp Review Crew, here is a little background. We are an international group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators that gets together on the first and third Mondays of every month to do a blog hop. Each hop features a single stamp set to give you loads of inspiration for that set! The hops are archived at the Stamp Review Crew blog, and you will be able to click through each hop at any time, going directly to the posts for that hop whenever you want! And you can click on the banner of this post to go to the master blog roll for this hop also.

If you are following along in order, you just arrived from Jay Soriano's blog. I am certain that he has come up with a something completely amazing!

Here I did a quite watercolor wash with Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight.

The cupcake frosting layers with stamped using the Stamparatus with an ombre of the same colors. Then the last layer was stamped again in Versamark and clear heat embossed.

The sentiment is stamped on the banner from the die set, and it handily pops itself up!

Eastern Medallion dies with some coffee filters (I am at my daughter's apartment and forgot to bring vellum, oops!) create a fun doily behind the die cut cupcake.

I was a little obsessed with the frosting image, which looks like poop to me too. I really wanted to make unicorn poop, but I didn't have any sentiments with me that would work for that. So lots of colorful frosting it is!

Stay tuned for unicorn poop at a later date 😉


The only embossing folder I have at my daughter's house is the Pinewood Plank embossing folder, but it seems to work for just about everything.

OK, that's it for me. I am hoping to really get my mojo going again soon. Family life has been crazy, but I think it is getting to the point that I can actually think about crafting outside of "Oh crap! I have a deadline today!"  😂


And now, Holly Krautkremer! Holly has been wonderfully helpful the last month or so with the hops as I have been less available. Be sure to leave her some extra love when you check out her lovely creation!

http://juanacreate.blogspot.com/2017/08/stamp-review-crew-window-shopping.html

http://addinktivedesigns.com/2017/08/21/the-stamp-review-crew-window-shopping/




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So first thanks for the laughs that's one of the reason's I like you so much you always make me laugh. Nice to know I am not the only one oh crap I have a deadline today. lol Your cards rock pretty good for not being home! lol Love the coffee filter and frankly I think that is brilliant. I agree I kept thinking it looked like poop and thought the older nephews would crack up over it. I sure hope you do make that unicorn poop card cause that would be funny. Awesome projects oh and no extra thanks needed happy to help anytime my friend. Lots of (((Hugs))) for you guys.

Mike said...

I'm always in awe of your amazing watercolor techniques. Ad this one is no exception. The colors are o striking! Have you ever done a video on how to do this type of background? I'd love to see one!

Cindy said...

I would love to know how you did that ombré effect on the frosting! Too bad you chose such a subtle background for it, though. 😂 Love the coffee filter vellum substitute - genius! And so happy to know I’m in good company with the “Oh crap, the deadline is here.”

Kris Kilkenny said...

You might be on to something using the coffee filters for the medallion die. That looks so cute. I love how colorful your cards are. Beautiful as usual!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails