Sunday, December 16, 2018

Stamp Review Crew: Barn Door

Well, hello SRC blog weekend! Boy, these sure sneak up on me quick lately. I had just finished working 6 out of 7 days, and making a trip out of town to take my stepfather to an appointment, when I got a text warning me that my oldest son and family were coming for the weekend and would probably beat me home! Then on Saturday, one of my sons asked if I had any blogging deadlines this weekend. THAT is when I realized I did indeed have a deadline, and that I was not even sure which set I was supposed to use. I tell you. But, I managed to pull together a project to share using the Barn Door stamp set and coordinating dies.



These are available in the Annual Catalog, so if you need to wait for the new year for you stamping budget to return, you can!

If you are following along in order, you just arrived from the talented Heidi Baks' blog. 

I love a blue door. LOVE. And I would have one, if it looked good on my house. I will have to settle for a blue door card.

The door is watercolor panel with a Pacific Point wash in layers, and the door stamped in the same color, then clear heat embossed. The handle is silver heat embossed.

There is a die that cuts the door out for you too. 😁

The square wreath was a scrap of watercolor paper sponged with Call Me Clover ink, then spritzed with water. And die cut 3 times before layering them together for some dimension. 


The sentiment is from the Peaceful Noel stamp set, and is silver heat embossed also.

I don't think you can see it in the photos, but the background panel is embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.

There are still red rhinestones available, but I did not purchase any. So I used a Cherry Cobbler Blends marker to color some of the rhinestones that I do have.


The sentiment is again from the Peaceful Noel stamp set. I would love to play with that set some more, but I don't think I will get to it before the new year. That's OK. I tend to make more Christmas cards in January, February, and July than any other time of year. 😆

Are you ready for the next "door" to open?! Off you go to check out the fabulous Cindy Elam!

https://www.heartsdelightcards.com/2018/12/the-stamp-review-crew-barn-door.html

https://runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-stamp-review-crew-barn-door.html




4 comments:

Lou said...

What a wonderful card you whipped up Tanya. Absolutely love that blue door. Hope you got to enjoy your surprise viditors. X

Dawn Tidd said...

Your blue door is beautiful and the green wreath looks perfect on it! You sure got a cute card made in a pinch, Tanya.

Heidi Baks said...

Your blue door is stunning and brilliant!

Ann Schach said...

I am loving this gorgeous blue door, Tanya! What a perfect clean card! You never cease to amaze me! May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, and a happy and healthy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails