Friday, February 1, 2008

I AM WASHABLE



This is the latest layout I have done. It was really hard to get a good picture of this, so it looks much better in real life.

Stamps: Wanted, Pick A Petal, Boho Friend wheel, Spiral Bouquet (Papertrey)

Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Palette Canvas and Burnt Umber

Paper: CLose To Cocoa, Purely Pomegranate, DCWV DP- Pocket Full of Posies stack, plain transparency

Accessories: punches- 5 petal, spring bouquet. Cuttlebug with scalloped circle nestabilities, paper piercing tool, flexible ruler from Bo Bunny, white gel pen, Crop-A-Dile, large eyelets, rhinestone brads, flower shaped brads, coluzzle puffy? letter template and cutting system


I first cut out all of my transparency letters with the coluzzle system, then before finishing cutting them out, I stamped on the transparency with the Canvas Palette hybrid ink, then the brown, heat setting each color.

Then stamped my background images on the cocoa paper in Choc Chip and Canvas ink. Used white gel pen to add dots to the Boho friend stripes.

Then I stamped the petal imageds on the DP and cut out the petals. Glued them together the way I wanted then, and put the large eyelet in the center. I later used a red rhinestone brad to attach the flower to the page. The smaller flowers are all sponged with cocoa and the edges are distresed with choc chip marker. layered then attached with flower shaped brads. I then decided to add faux stitching white stems. I made a nice curvy line with the flexible ruler and penciled in the stems, then paper pierced and then erased the pencil and drew in stems with white gel pen.
The scalloped journaling spots are cut out of Purely Pomegranate paper withj the Cuttlebug and a Nestabilities die, sponged with cocoa, and stamped with pomegrante ink for a subtle backgorund.
I used Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue to adhere the transparency letters to the page, worked great.
I guess I have discovered that I really enjoy making my own page accents, and as you probably have already noticed, I love the shabby chic look!

Here is a close up of the right side page. Journaling on both pages reads:

Charlene and Gabby went for a walk in the woods, which is a common occurrence since we have 80 acres of nieghbor's land next door. As you can see, the girls found mud... And what do we do with mud?

We roll in it! Or rather we dance & play in it, strategically smear it on our bodies, carefully avoiding the shirt so Mom won't get mad, then come home and take pictures of our muddy selves! Of course, you had to make sure Mom and Dad saw all the fun you had too....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails