Sunday, February 10, 2008

Valentine Time!

Once again, it is time for me to come up with some good boy styled Valentine's for my sons to give to their friends and classmates. That is a bit challenging as many of you probably know! Well, I got to thinking about the Matey's Map jumbo wheel that I just got in my MASSIVE order this week. I have been itching to use it and this seems like a good time. So Geoffrey and I sat down and figured out how we wanted to do them and made 4o Valentine's for his classmates and friends. I think they turned out pretty cute! They are basiclally a matchbook with candy glued inside. We used the red marker to color in all of the X's. Geoffrey was actually very helpful. He likes this stuff!

Stamps: Matey's Map JW, Hugs and Wishes, Like it a Latte'

Ink: Basic Brown, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Real Red marker

Paper: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Slit punch, Wheel guide, Small and Large Tag punches, Sponge


Then Geoffrey wanted something special for his teacher, Miss Erickson. He found a stamp that is the Chinese character for Friend and said that his teacher loves the Asian theme, so I dug out the Embrace Life set I got a little while ago and used versamark to make a pretty cherry blossom background. I then colored each flower with the blender pen marker I made with Groovy Guava reinker a while back. It makes a very subtle color difference on the Pomegranate paper. Then I used the white gel pen to add the white accents on the flower centers. I got to use my new coluzzle Take Out Box template too! And doesn't that ribbon look yummy! I used the Tag ounches again to make a cute tag, coloring the blossoms with Groovy Guava and Purely Pomegranate blender pen markers. I filled it with Nuggets, can't go wrong with Chocolate!
Stamps: Embrace Life, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Skin Deep (Technique Tuesday)
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Basic Brown, white gel pen, Groovy Guava marker, Purely Pomegranate marker
Accessories: Purely Pomegranate 15/16" satin ribbon, coluzzle take out box template, small and large tag punches

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails