This is a "before". It was actually taken about 18 months ago. See how nice an uniformly black the stove pipe is? It was this morning, just like this. But not anymore!
This is the wood stove after the fire was extinguished. Kinda messy huh. But I keep thinking it could have been so much worse! All of the discoloration on the stove pipe is from it getting too hot and warping. NOT cool.
Close up of the damage to the pipe where it joins the stove. This is where it was 1300 degrees when the firemen got here.
- Stamp a Silhouette image repeatedly in More Mustard on the card base.
- Distress edges of all layers, then ink edges with matching ink.
- Stamp one image repeatedly in Old Olive on the Very Vanilla square, then stamp a different Silhouette image in More mustard.
- Attach ribbon. Adhere all layers together.
- Stamp "thanks so much" in Not Quite Navy .
- Use paper piercer and Mat Pack to punch holes for the 3 gold brads, then attach the brads.
This is one is my attempt to CASE a card I found on SCS, but I had to and more stamping. I don't know if I like it though. I used some really bright colors on this one, colors I don't usually use, so it will have to grow on me, I guess.
- Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
- Paper: Whisper White, Pink Passion
- Ink: Brilliant Blue, Pink Passion, Gable Green, Orchid Opulence
- Accessories: Top Note die, die cut machine, Curly Label punch, dimensionals, sponge
- Cut a Top Note die with the Pink Passion cs, then randomly stamp a Silhouette image repeatedly on it. Sponge to edges with Pink Passion ink. Adhere to the white card base.
- Stamp one Silhouette in each of the 4 colors on white cs, then punch out with the Curly Label punch. Sponge edges with matching ink, then mount on card with dimensionals.
- Stamp thanks so much in Brilliant blue around edges of card.
Ok, this post is getting really long, and I think the card is pretty self explanatory, so I will just list the supplies I used.
- Stamps: Party Hearty
- Paper: Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Old Olive
- Accessories: paper piercer with mat pack, gold brads
I hope you like the cards! I think I need to go shower to get rid of this smokey smell on me and my clothes, ugh!