Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cards for the Coaches

Today was the last day of Cross Country Ski for my youngest son and we had a little party at the school to end the season. The parents all got together and gave gift cards to the coaches and the ex-coach who still helps quite a lot. I volunteered to make the cards and here they are!

I decided to not try to reinvent the wheel for each card and used the same layout with different color schemes and patterned paper. I really love this quilted look with the Top Note die. I have used this die so much, my cutting pads have the design pretty well etched in them! For this card I used:
  • Stamps: Winter Post, All Year Cheer I
  • Paper: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Candy Lane DSP
  • Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain, Pewter Jumbo Eyelets, Crop-A-Dile, pink Rhinestone brads, die cut machine, Top Note Die, white gel pen, paper piercer and mat pack

  • Stamps, Peaceful Wishes, All Year Cheer I
  • Paper: Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Apple Cider DSP
  • Ink: Close to Cocoa, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories different from previous: Chocolate Chip satin ribbon


  • Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP
  • Ink: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip

I made these half fold cards so there would be plenty of room for all of the kids on the team and any parents that were there and wanted to, could sign the cards. Everyone really liked them! I hope you do too :)

ETA: In answer to the question "how did you get the squares lined up so well" , here is how I did the quilted top note die cut:

I cut a piece of cardstock to 4"x5", then cut 1-1/4" squares of the patterned paper. I don't remember why I chose that size,lol! Then I just glued the squares to the cardstock. Then I used my top note die to cut it out, eyeballing the way the "seams" lined up on the die. I hope that helps :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love quilt cards, and these are lovely, the die cut gives them a lift...Ski-Lift perhaps!
But how do you get the paper so neatly lines up? care to share? found you on SCS. Thanks for posting.

Tanya Boser said...

I think I understand your question :)
I cut a piece of cardstock to 4"x5", then cut 1-1/4" squares of the patterned paper. I don't remember why I chose that size,lol! Then I just glued the squares to the cardstock. Then I used my top note die to cut it out, eyeballing the way the "seams" lined up on the die. I hope that helps :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails