Friday, September 25, 2009

Autumn days are here....

I just love this new set. I think it is a great fall and masculine set. There aren't all that many out there that will work well for the guys out there. I got to use a few new things on the card. I was really thinking of my Dad when I made this card. He doesn't hunt, but they have a lot of pheasants where he lives and he likes to watch them. His birthday is in November, so this will probably be his card this year.
I used a couple techniques on this card. For the Dusty Durango strip in the middle, I brayered Dusty Durango ink onto a texture plate, then ran Dusty Durango paper thru the Big Shot with it. Very cool way to make you own DSP :) I also colored on the pheasant stamp with a few markers and did the Thumping technique- just bouncing the tip of your marker on the stamp to add random spots of color. I made my own background paper with More Mustard paper and various stamps and inks, sponged some More Mustard ink and Champagne Mist shimmer paint onto it. It looks soooo fab in real life! Ok, now I better get to the supply list.
  • Stamps: Autumn Days
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Old Olive, Dusty Durango, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Old Olive, Dusty Durango
  • Other: 3/4" circle punch, jumbo grommet, SU Perfect Details pattern #1 texture plate with Big Shot, brayer, distressing tool on Cutter Kit, dimensionals, Champagne Mist shimmer paint, sponge, Top Note die
Here is the inside of the card. I just had to dress it up some more, especially since I had accidentally made a piece of the More Mustard too small for the card front. I couldn't waste it! And since I haven't decided for sure if I will use this for a club project, I thought I better leave the sentiment off for now.

I tried to catch the shimmer here, I think you can kind of see it. But the pics do not do it justice. You have to see it in person to get the full effect.
Let me know what you think!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails