Monday, September 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Turkey Treat




This little fella was originally created by Mickey Tait and you can see hers along with her tutorial here. I would suggest one change to her instructions. I would punch the 1-3/4" hole in the card front 1/2"  from the bottom, not 1/4" or you have to trim off part of the Treat Cup flange. Ask me how I know :)
I of course had to change things a bit :) As you may already know, I LOVE the new Shimmer Paint that SU is selling in the Holiday Mini catalog right now. I used it to stamp all over all of the cardstock on this treat. We will be making him at Stamp Club on Oct. 1st, but you won't have to do as much stamping if you don't want to, I will understand, lol! You can fill his belly with all kinds of little treats, but I will be using M & M's, when I get some in the house that is, lol!


This is the inside of my treat card. The acorn embellishment covers a hole that you can get the candy out of the card through without destroying it. This was not my idea, it is Mickey's and is included in her tutorial.

  • Stamps: Autumn Splendor, Falling Leaves, Holiday Best


  • Paper: More Mustard, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Whisper White


  • Ink: More Mustard, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Dusty Durango


  • Other: 1-3/4", 1-1/4", 1" circle punches, photo corner and small oval punches, Crop-A-Dile, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, sponge dauber, larger scallop circle on Scallop Circle #2 die with Big Shot, slit punch, Sweet Treat Cups
ETA: I adapted to little opening in the back again. I stamped a circle image on Whisper White (the round pumpkin from Pumpkin Patch with Old Olive stamped off once, then the acorn from Falling Leaves in Soft Suede over the Old Olive) Then used the slit punch to make a half circle cut in the center. Punched this out with the 1" circle punch. Matted this on a 1-1/4" Soft Suede circle. Applied Dotto to the back. Fill the Treat cut with candy thru the hole, and stick the Dotto-ed circle over the hole. The circle stays in place until you pull it off, then it will stick back on again, over and over!

1 comment:

http://mickeysplace.typepad.com/stamping_with_the_stars/ said...

This turned out really cute, Tanya. I did cut it a little close in front. Maybe I'll go back and change it to 3/8". Thanks for the link back!
Mickey

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails