Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Old Truck for Father's Day


Father's Day is coming soon! This weekend in fact :) I will have a few Father's Day cards to show you over the next few days, and then it will be time for the Stampin Addicts Mega Retiring List Blog Hop! Exciting, I know ;)

Ok, now whose Dad doesn't love a great old truck?! Whose Dad doesn't HAVE a great old truck, lol! This stamp is so awesome, I have used it for all kinds of occasions, even a birthday card for a girlfriend!

The truck is watercolored with Pear Pizzazz and one of the new In-colors for 2011, Lucky Limeade!
  • Stamps: Countryside
  • Paper: Cherry Cobbler, River Rock, Pear Pizzazz, Water Color paper
  • Ink: Stazon Jetblack, River Rock, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Gray
  • Other: Designer Label Punch, Aquapainter, Stampin Dimensionals, Real Red and Basic Black brads, Signo white gel pen
 I cut the Designer Label shape in half and added those as accents with the brads and the outlining that I am still addicted too :rolleyes:
I am not sure which of the 4 men in my life that will get this card for Father's Day... that will determine what it says inside :) They all love/have old trucks, so that doesn't help me any! Although I did use this image for my Dad's birthday card this past year. Think he would notice if he got it again? He is a guy...they don't always pay that much attention, lol!

6 comments:

Yapha said...

Your water coloring is amazing as always! And what a clever way to use the Designer Label!

Heidi Baks said...

This is a perfect image for Father's Day, and can you believe I don't own it yet??? I know, I know, it's on my (long) list.

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love the colors you chose and of course, the outlining... it's addictive. lol

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

awesome card!! I just love everything about it!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Beautiful watercoloring!

Mickey Roberts said...

Love the coloring on this card! What a great combination and so unexpected for a Father's Day card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails