Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Spooky Surprise

OK, I am not sure how I missed posting these, but I guess this is a better time to post them than in August anyway! I participated in a swap for the Holiday Mini and I picked Pieces of Poison to do my swaps with. I really wanted to use a few new things and wanted to do something cool with the Peek A Boo die, so I came up with this.


But I realized that we demos want cards we can demonstrate using just one stamp set.. less overwhelming to our customers that way :) I mean, we demos have it all, or almost all. But our customers haven't been converted to demos yet, so they are a little more limited.  So....


This is what I actually did for the swap. Only one stamp set used for the whole thing! I have a thing for Crumb Cake if you all haven't noticed this yet. And I must say, I was mighty pleased with this card :)
The cupboard has some Stripes embossed doors on it complete with little knobs! Those mini brads are awesome! I did some stitching with my sewing machine around the edges for some more detail and texture. Really easy to do now that I moved my sewing machine up to the stamping/crafting area.

There he is, that smiling ghoul to greet you! So let me know which is your favorite!



  • Stamps: Hello Doily, Hand-Penned Holidays, Piece of Poison
  • Paper: Old Olive, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory, Rich Razzleberry DSP (Bold Pack)
  • Ink: Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
  • Other: Big Shot with Peekaboo Frames die and Stripes embossing folder, Designer Label punch, 1-1/4" Square punch, Paper Piercer, Silver Mini Brads, Distressing Tool from Cutter Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals




  • Stamps: Piece of Poison
  • Paper: Old Olive, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory, Rich Razzleberry DSP (Bold Pack)
  • Ink: Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
  • Other: Big Shot with Peekaboo Frames die and Stripes embossing folder, Designer Label punch, 1-1/4" Square punch, Paper Piercer, Silver Mini Brads, Distressing Tool from Cutter Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals

9 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Super fun!

Shelley Z said...

I think I own one of these great cards!

Yapha said...

Oh I love it!! What a great use for that die!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love it! How did I not get one of these?

Anonymous said...

OH, yay - I have this one! It does look good with the doily, but I have the say that the original (with the brain images, etc.) is perfect for Halloween!

Anonymous said...

TFS for ideas - and keep them coming - these are great cards!

Jen Timko said...

I love how you used that die! Creepy little surprise inside...how fun!

Paula said...

Love this! Even if those brains creep me out. Love the use of the window with the skeleton behind it.

Mickey Roberts said...

They are all spooktacular, but I think I like the first one the best. You kind of get sucked in with the elegance of the doily and surprised with scariness when you open the window.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails