Friday, March 23, 2012

Watercolored Romance Birthday


Need something a little spring, a little country, a little pretty? Have I got the card for you! I was stamping just for fun the other day while dreaming about a garden and this is what popped out. I didn't have much time to pull this one together as my Geoffrey had an orchestra concert that evening, and I have to say, that usually just results in nothing getting done, lol.

The watercolor paper is so yummy to work with, and layering color on it is to easy! After I watercolored, I brushed some Smooch Top Coat over the flowers and buds. That really added some life to them! They looked almost dew-kissed.  And I recently broke down and bought the big DSP packs by color family. They are awesome!! Why did I wait so long?!


Inside I stamped the companion stamp to the sentiment on the front. The Petite Pairs set is great for this! I like to leave plenty of space to put a handwritten note to the recipient, so I like to tuck the stamped sentiment towards a corner.


  • Stamps: Bordering on Romance, Petite Pairs
  • Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Brights DSP pack, Watercolor paper
  • Other: Signo white gel pen, White Baker's Twine, Lace Ribbon border punch, Aquapainter, Smooch Pearlized Top Coat, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals

4 comments:

Debra Burgin said...

What a pretty, pretty card! Love the lace edge!

Yapha said...

What a fun, bright, and springing card! Your coloring is fabulous!

Cindy said...

I adore the colors you chose for the flowers - they absolutely shine on the card!

Mickey Roberts said...

So pretty, Tanya! Love the way you combined all the colors together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails