Thursday, July 26, 2012

Convention Swap- Comfotable Butterflies


My last convention swap. This was for an Over the Top swap. What does that mean to you? Hard to define for me because a lot of my cards have multiple layers, techniques, and embellishments. I hope this was in the running for all of the talented people I was swapping with!

I have found that the Embossing folders do a great job of embossing both sides of the paper, and the Woodgrain EF is no exception. But I found it a little hard to get it to glue down to a cardbase. SO, I decided to treat it like a Letterpress plate. Here is the sandwich I used with my Big Shot:
  • Multipurpose platform-all tabs closed
  • Cutting pad
  • Open embossing folder
  • Cardstock, face down on one half of the embossing folder
  • Crease pad
I still got a nice deep impression, and it was much easier to glue down! Oh, and I did the white gel pen outline before embossing. Much easier that way!

The next little "special" thing I did was with the Apothecary Accents die to create the fancy edge on the end of the banner. I cut the Midnight Muse paper at 2" wide and put it into the die so that only one edge was under the cutting edge. Then I only ran it through enough to cut the edge and then reversed back out. No impression on the rest of the cardstock from the die then! I did the same thing with a 1¾" wide piece of the DSP.

I think the rest of the details are pretty self explanatory. Lots of little details though.


You can see my continued addiction to dimension on cards. The butterflies are even a little fluttery!


This was a full card swap and so I had to do something with the inside, right?! I love that the antennae are a separate stamp.

So, what do you think? Over the Top enough?

2 comments:

Rose said...

Love the idea for just cutting the end of the strip. Thanks you for sharing it. I don't often comment but I enjoy your cards and often pin them to my cards board for other to find your work as well. Happy weekend!

Queen Mary said...

I think it's a beautiful card and the pearl bodies definitely get you into the over the top club!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails