Sunday, January 18, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Valentine Free For All Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/01/stamp-review-crew-valentine-free-for.html
Are you ready for a little change of pace? Well, we at the SRC have decided to, just this once, use a single theme instead of a single stamp set! Valentines, here we come!

If you are following along the hop in order you just came from Debra Burgin's blog. Lovely, right! If you started here, have no fear, the hop goes full circle and you won't miss a thing. If you ever get lost along the way, you can find the full "map" on the Stamp Review Crew blog, just click on the banner at the top of this post. While you are there, be sure to catch up on any of the previous hops you may have missed :)

My first project is made using some Occasions Mini and some SAB goodies. The rainbow of colors on the background are made using Blendas on the Irresistibly Yours specialty paper from SAB this year. And the sentiment is from the You Plus Me set in the Occasions Mini. It is embossed in Black embossing powder on vellum, then sewn onto the card front panel. The hearts are made with Dazzling Diamonds and Champagne Glimmer paper, and Gold Foil paper. I first colored stripes of different colors on the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper with Blendas, then punched them out. 

And this is the same card, only this time I used Spots ink pads to swipe the color on. The Spots come in My Paper Pumpkin kits now, so you can't purchase them any other way at this time, but get the Paper Pumkpin kits, they are fantastic! You could also achieve this look using SU water-based markers.


Now it is time to hop on over to Lisa Young's blog so she can wow us with her pretty projects!

http://addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/2015/01/stamp-review-crew-valentine-free-for.html
http://heartfeltinkspiration.com/2015/01/18/stamp-review-crew-valentine-free-for-all

15 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Super cute cards -- I like both versions! I love how you made the backgrounds. I'm going to have to try that! Thanks again for a fabulous hop.

Rochelle Blok said...

Great cards Tanya! So bright an colourful! Must try the colouring technique on that paper! So stunning!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Your cards make me want to buy that paper! I love the techniques you used and I can see so many possibilities. Love the sewing too by the way.

Dawn Tidd said...

Love these, Tanya! I haven't tried this DSP yet but you've inspired me to pull it out. I love how you've colored both pieces and all the embellishments are perfect!

Linda Callahan said...

Both techniques are beautiful on that new paper! I await my package of it! The vellum and stitching look terrific over the colors! Thanks for letting me hang out with your talented crew!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow! Love the colourful rainbow effect and the vellum overlay. Thanks for inviting me to join SRC.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is pretty cool! I love them! I can see a lot of possibilities with that paper.

Anonymous said...

Both are great, but I admit that i love the vibrancy of the color on the 2nd card. The cards are beautiful though, and with the hand sewn elements and dazzling hearts they are truly a wow! TFS

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, look at that rainbow background! I love how you didn't cover it up by using vellum.

Unknown said...

Thanks for Sharing! I love how you did 2 different methods to make the same card. The little details you have added as well are striking!

Unknown said...

So pretty, Tanya. Love the way you colored the dsp, especially on your first card.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Tanya! Love the details and that you shared how you created each!

WebDeb said...

Great to see these two background techniques contrasted!

Ann Schach said...

So colorful and cheery, Tanya! I love how you created the backgrounds. The stitching is awesome!

Carol Carriveau said...

Really a wonderful and colorful card...yes, perfect for Valentine's Day! Must say that you have much more patience to color than I do...lol...I commend you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails