Friday Mashup Sketch #195 for this card. Here is how I made this card.
- Stamp the balloon dots all over a 3"x5½" panel of watercolor paper with Versamark ink, then heat emboss with White embossing powder. Of course, you want to wipe with the Embossing Buddy before you start :)
- Use Aquapainter and So Saffron, Tangelo Twist, and Pool Party reinker to make the stripes of color. Set aside to dry.
- On the left hand side of a 3¾"x5½" panel of Tangelo Twist, stamp the baby banner 3 times in Tangelo Twist ink.
- Cut out 2 banners from vellum cardstock, they may need to be different sizes depending on what sentiment you use on the inside of the card.On the first banner, stamp "baby" in Versamark and sprinkle Pool Party embossing powder on it, tap off excess. Stamp "baby" again and sprinkle with Tangerine Tango embossing powder, tap off excess. Stamp baby" again and sprinkle with Crushed Curry embossing powder. I think you get the picture :) When the banner is covered in babies, heat set the embossing powder. On the second banner, stamp the sentiment for the inside of the card in Versamark and emboss with Crushed Curry powder.
- Lightly glue the watercolored panel to the Tangelo Twist panel and sew with zig zag stitch on one side and straight stitch on the other, then stitch the vellum banner to the panel.
- Tie some White Baker's Twine around the bottom of the panel, add a knot of Coastal Cabana Twine, and adhere some Coastal Cabana sequins with Crystal Effects.
- Adhere completed panel to the card front with dimensionals.
- Stamp off and then stamp the 3 colors of dots on the inside lower right corner, then stitch the second vellum sentiment banner over the dots. DONE!
Nacho Average Color Challenge #126) Then I set it aside to dry. I ended up trimming the panel down to 3¾"x5" and matting on Crushed Curry.
I am thinking that a message could be written on the back of this note card and a gift card could be attached to the stamped side.
That is all I have for you this time, and now we head off to Holly Krautkremer's blog to see what fabulous-ness she has come up with!