Sunday, July 19, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Watercolor Wings Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/07/stamp-review-crew-watercolor-wings.html
For those who have just found us, I will give a quick intro to who we, the Stamp Review Crew, are and what we do. We are an international group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators and every first and third Monday of the month, we feature a single stamp set with many different ideas. Who wouldn't want to see that?! The hops are always intact, so you can hop any time. Check out our blog for the master blog roll for this, and all of our past, hops!

July is hot, hot, hot in my part of the world, and butterflies are a welcome sight. The Stamp Review Crew is ready to wow you with this gorgeous set from the new Annual Catalog! There are 2 matching sets of framelits that work with this set, can you believe it?!

If you are following along in order, then you arrived from Heidi Baks' blog. Doesn't she do amazing work?!

My first project is a soft trio of butterflies on watercolor paper. I had dampened the paper before stamping the middle butterfly to add to the softness factor. I also took the coordinating dies and used them to make impressions, without cutting, over the butterflies. The bottom one slipped while I was running it through my Big shot with my very warped Premium Crease Pad. I may have used it a few times in the past ;) But I decided that it looks ok with the wonky impression. The sequins are from the Watercolor Wishes card kit, I just could not resist using them for this card!

Inside got a few more butterflies, and a thanks from the Another Thank You set, and isn't that a fun font!

One more shot, because it turned out so nice :) Can't waste a good picture!

Shhhh, don't tell, but this is one of my swaps for an organized swap at convention! I went a little crazy with the Iridescent Ice and the flutter of butterflies.

Interesting fact: a group of butterflies can be called a swarm, rabble, kaleidoscope, or flutter of butterflies! I don't know why there are so many choices, but there you are :)

I love how this stamps and looks on vellum. I skipped the biggest layer of the butterfly and instead let the vellum be the base color of the butterfly. It make the butterfly so vivid!


This is the version I maybe should have done for the swap, but I came up with it after I finished the swap. There is far less work to it and it has a cleaner look. Which one is your favorite?

This is the inside of both of the cars. I am going to be sending one of my copies to my daughter, I think she will like it very much :)

And this is the last one I have for you this time. It is a tea light or Hersey's nugget or jewelry box. I am sure you could come up with a few more uses for it :) I did a tutorial for these a while back, here is the link. I still make these a few times a year. There are so many ways to decorate them and so many things to use them for. I made this for a swap too, and there is a butterfly and a sentiment that says you warm my heart  from the Sheltering Tree set on the inside of the box, but I forgot to take a picture of that.


You can see all the supplies that I used for these projects below the previous and next buttons.

Next stop, Lisa Young! Another incredibly talented stamper! I am so thrilled to be on this Crew with so many talented stampers!

http://addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-stamp-review-crew-watercolor-wings.html

http://runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-stamp-review-crew-watercolor-wings.html


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

14 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

As usual, gorgeous projects! I love your watercolor butterflies and the impressions around them! The stitching looks great too. Whoever gets your swaps cards are going to love them. Great Idea to leave the white borders around the edges of the butterflies! I had forgotten about those little box but it's adorable. Have fun at Convention!

Jen Timko said...

These are really, really pretty! I love the color variations you have on these. Have fun at Convention!

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects, Tanya. I'm sure your swaps will be a hit. You make me want to pull out my sewing machine and try sewing on cards. Love the look.

Linda Callahan said...

These are all wonderful! I always like your stitching! Have fun at Convention!

Rochelle Blok said...

Stunning projects Tanya! I love them all! Great swaps too! I do to think the second version would have a little easier to 'pump' out! Have a fantastic time at convention!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous projects Tanya. I love them all but especially the top card with its softness. Thanks for the tip to dampen the paper before stamping. I love the effect this has. Alos, I CANNOT resist anything with stitching!

Nikki Spencer said...

How beautiful soft and dreamy is your first card, lovely effect with the embossing Tanya, must remember that one..:0)
Great collection of projects, all so different l love them all.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. xx

Anonymous said...

WOW I like them all! lol I can't pick one. The colors on all of them are so gorgeous I may have to borrow the color combo for my color challenge. lol I love the glitter and didn't know that about butterflies that is pretty fun and interesting to learn. Have a great time at convention!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Tanya! Your projects are always amazing! I love the first card with the stitching and sequins. And after seeing your swap card, it makes me doubly sad I am not going to Convention! Safe travels...

Mike said...

WOW, Tanya! You went crazy with this set! But in a good way!!! And funny how we used the same monochromatic idea for the background! I'm more of a clean and simple kind of guy, so the embossed background appeals more to me, but all your projects are amazing.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

So much eye candy on one page! I always love visiting your blog to see what you have dreamed up for the hop. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent and for all the work you put in behind the scenes coordinating the hops.

Betty said...

I always love to see what interesting techniques and little details you have and how you tie them all together! These are super de duper!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful stamping and glittering on vellum! I love the subtle butterflies on the inside of project #1.

Add Ink and Stamp said...

i'm late to the party but I am so glad I was able to check out everyone's projects. Amazing stuff!
All of your creations are beautiful, Tanya. I don't know how you come up with all of the great ideas that you do. I bet everyone LOVED your swap!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails