We are making this at club tonight, and if the response I got at work is anything to go by, this is going to be a hit! It would make a great centerpiece on the table, and a lovely gift to the hostess of any dinner party.
- Stamps: Best Wishes & More
- Paper: More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Naturals Ivory, tissue paper
- Ink: More Mustard, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
- Other: paper cutter with scoring blade, Sticky Strip, Heat gun, 1-3/8" circle punch, 1/16" punch, tea lights, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint with sponge, gold brads, Gold Elastic Cord, dimensionals
Here is a diagram of the pieces to make the box.
- The box starts as a 3-3/4x8-1/4" piece.
- Your longest score lines are at 1/2", 1-1/8", 2-5/8", & 3-1/4"
- Your short score lines are at 1/2", 1-1/8", 7-1/8", & 7-3/4"
- Cut out the shaded areas and on the cut line to make flaps.
- Decorate box as desired.
- Crease all folds well with bone folder.
- Apply sticky strip to the 4 outer most sections and assemble to box.
- The box cover is made from a 5x6" piece.
- Score lines will be 6" long at 5/8", 2-1/4", 2-7/8", & 4-1/2".
- Crease folds well with bone folder and put sticky strip on one edge flap.
- Decorate top as desired.
- Peel the sticky strip and wrap cover around box, adhere flaps together.
- Fold a piece of tissue paper into 4 layers, and sandwich between 2 layers of copy paper. Puch out your 1-3/8" circles. Leave between the copy paper layers and punch 3 times ine the center with the 1/16" punch to make a hole big enough for the wick to fit thru.
- Stamp tissue paper with desired images.
- Slide tissue paper over the wick onto top of the tealight.
- Put tealight down! Do not hold for this step. Heat top of tea light with heat gun until the tissue paper melts into the wax. All done!
Here is another set I made with the same theme and color scheme. Now I want to see what you all come up with! Post a comment with a link to yours so we can all see!