Friday, September 14, 2018

Inky Friends Holiday Showcase: Takeout Treats

https://myinkyfriends.blogspot.com/2018/08/2018-holiday-catalog-showcase.html
Hello friends! Are you ready to explore the Holiday catalog? I bet you are! The Holiday catalog is always my favorite with my favorite season on the horizon. Plus, when it gets cold outside, I have more time to play with my crafting goodies. OK, really that is in like, January, but I can make Christmas cards in January. I have to prepare for the coming season, right?!

My Inky Friends and I are each picking a favorite item from the Holiday catalog to feature, so you will get lots of ideas for a variety of products in this catalog.

If you are following along in order, you have just arrived from Sara Mattson-Blume's blog where she used Alpine Adventure (which I love and can't wait to play with when it comes in my next order on Tuesday!) Sara is also the master organizer of these hops, kudos to her hard work!!



I chose the Takeout Treats bundle. I think this thing is going to be a hit! It is just big enough to put a few candies in, is quick to assemble, is self closing and easy to open and close repeatedly, and the stamps are truly for all occasions!


Let's start with a simple treat box for any occasion and is gender neutral.

The diecut sentiment panel was white cardstock sponged with Crushed Curry (actually leftover from another project-yeah me!) and Gold heat embossed.


I did use the Diagonal Stripes background stamp in the Stamparatus on the box pieces, masking each section off with a piece of masking tape and copy paper. This kept the pattern going in the same direction.Would I do this for a dozen treats? Heck no! But for a special one or two. Yes. Yes, indeed!

You can use the same die I used for the sentiment panel to create a window in the box. I backed this one with vellum, you do have to trim off a bit of one of the side flaps to do this, or it will show through the window.

I will be filling this little box with chocolate kisses. If I could find them wrapped in green foil, it would be perfect! You know the theme, Snowman kits with cocoa and marshmallows, and reindeer poop with chocolate covered anything. SO many ideas!!

I sponged the box and stamped words from the set all over. This would work for just about any of those themes I mentioned earlier 😁

These boxes really are quick and easy, so here is one more super simple one. You could make a pile of these really fast!

OK, so we do need at least one card idea with this bundle! Here is a rather gender neutral, dare I say masculine, card!

The background is a watercolor wash of the Gray Granite with the hearts stamped in Lovely Lipstick, Cajun Craze, Grapefruit Grove, and Crushed Curry. Then spattered with water and dried, and spattered again with Bright Copper shimmer paint that is mixed with a little water.

Some Corrugated Sahara Sand layered with a vellum heart and banner Copper heat embossed with more images from the stamp set, and the card is done!

Next up is Sharleen Luciano with the Frosted Floral suite. I can't wait to see what magic she creates with it!

https://kittystamp.blogspot.com/2018/09/2018-holiday-showcase-blog-hop.html

https://www.lilyinkpad.com/2018/09/my-inky-friends-2018-holiday-catalog.html


7 comments:

Stamp with Shar said...

Awe :-) your projects are so cute. I overlooked this bundle :-(

Mickey Roberts said...

OMG, Tanya! Super duper cute projects! So many fun ideas. Absolutely love the card!

Twila said...

Love, love, love these fun bundle! You did a great job on showcasing it and what all it can be. Gotta love the goblin poop! lol

Cindy said...

Baahahahaha! “Goblin poop” You crack me up. Love the totally different looks from this set, which I did overlook too.

Unknown said...

Goblin poop!! Hahaha! Love it my friend. I love them all actually. Especially the card because I think that it really shows the versatility of this set.

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Super cute goblin poop!! The card totally surprised me...unexpected but wonderful with this set! Fun creations!!

Betty said...

Adorable selection of goodie boxes! And the technique on the card is a total showstopper... love your style!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails