Sunday, February 3, 2019

Stamp Review Crew: A Little Wild

https://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2018/11/first-frost.html
Hey friends! did everyone survive the deep freeze this week? I live in the coldest part of the country, and I got caught with my pants down! On Monday, I had about 20 chunks of wood left. We go through about 12 a day when it is between 0 and 45 F outside. When it is more than -10, we go through significantly more. I was wearing many layers, and rationing the wood, until Thursday afternoon when our wood guy could bring out a partial load! No way was I going to make him go out in -60+ wind chill. We are warm and toasty now, but 54 degrees in the house is not enjoyable. Or conducive to crafting! So, I started my project for this hop after work on Sunday night. I hope it turns out!


If you are following along in order, then you have just arrived from Bronwyn Eastley's blog. I am certain that she made something AMAZING!


This sweet little elephant never forgets a friend!

I wanted to do some ink blending and stenciling to create a leafy feel behind this little fella. I also did some masking to create sentiment spaces.


I had colored this elephant this summer, and I think I used Blends in Smoky Slate.


The sentiments are from Butterfly Gala, and they just seemed perfect for this card!

OK, off to the next blog!

Next up is Dawn Tidd! Love you, lady!





4 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Fun background with all that pretty ink blending. I love the way you added the sentiment. Of course, that cute elephant is the perfect that to carry that little note. :)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

It's the opposite here in Tasmania with bush fires raging (not near us thankfully) and it's way too hot in my craft room. I haven't made many projects this year at all. The Stamp Review has helped me get my 'butt into gear'. I love your 'last minute' card - gorgeous background masking and a great layout for that cute little elephant.

Lou said...

Reading your post helped me cool down from our Australian summer heat! Glad you are all toasty now. This is such a delightful card for a friend. No one does a background like you. X

Betty said...

It is always so fun to see what new ideas you have for backgrounds. This one is delightful as usual and perfect for this thoughtful little critter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails