Friday, June 14, 2019

#tanyablends: Soft Sunrise with Ink Road Coffee

A few days ago, I had just finished working five 12+ hour shifts in a row, and was feeling the need for a creative refreshment, but had no real ideas on what to create.

Thankfully, there was a box sitting next to me with shipments from Scrapbook.com and Amazon with 48 Distress Oxide pads and reinkers that I needed to complete my collection. So, I decided to do some ink blending as it does not require much thought for me. I love playing with color, and sometimes, that is the most relaxing and joyful thing in the world for me.

I ended up creating a stack of blended panels, and used every single color at least once! And I will be sharing them with all of you, one at a time. I also hope to create a card with each of these panels to share at the same time.

This blend reminds me of a soft sunrise, and I love it! These were all blended onto #80 white cardstock using blending sponges, then spattered with water. Here are the colors I used:
  • Tattered Rose
  • Tea Dye
  • Rusty Hinge

And here is what I made with that panel! I decided to use another item that arrived while I was working: Mug Life from The Ink Road. I love me a snarky stamp set!

I also used a coverplate die from the July 2018 My Monthly Hero kit to cut the rays into the panel. It is spattered with some Copper Perfect Pearls, and dotted with Morning Dew Nuvo Crystal Drops.


The cups are colored with Copics and fussy cut. The sentiment in Copper heat embossed on a label die cut with a die from the July 2018 Spellbinders Kit of the Month. 
  • Yellow cup:Y15, YR15, YR18, W0, W1
  • Red cup: R05, R24, R29, E50, E53, W0, W1
  • Orange cup: YR61, YR65, YR68

Inside gets some love too! I blended the same colors inside with the Tim Holtz Rays stencil, then stamped the sentiment with the Hero Arts Vintage Ombre Metallic Rust ink pad.

I totally played with all kinds of things, new and old, from my craft room here, and that is why we build our stashes 😉

What will you do with this blend? Be sure to use the #tanyasblends tag when you post to social media so we can all see what you create!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails