Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tie a Yellow Ribbon




Welcome Everybody! I am so honored to be taking part of this fabulous event. Who can resist a weekend of challenges, and such an amazing cause! I am rather new to the OWH scene, but I hope I can inspire a few cards to send their way :)

My Challenge to you is to use these colors to make a card. It would be really awesome if you then sent that card to OWH, wink, wink!


Remember that old song? I think of it every time I think of Operation Write Home and think it is a perfect way to think of our troops. They need more "Thinking of You" cards to send home too!
Here is my example:


I love that double seater-chair image!
  • Stamps: Have a Seat, Word Play
  • Paper: Naturals White, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight
  • Other: Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Distressing tool from Cutter Kit, Itty Bitty Shapes punch bunch, Stmapin' Dimensionals, Pearls Basic Jewels, Early Espresso marker
Now, let's see what you can come up with! Just link to your creation below with Mr Linky and enter to win a prize!


20 comments:

Carol said...

Love these colors and can't wait to put them all together and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the challenge and idea!

Brenda said...

My mind is spinning with all these colors -- now to get to my stamp room and put some images to paper. Love the colors.

Dawn Woolf said...

Love the colors!

Just had to say I used to live in Bemidji!! My best friend got me hooked on stamping up there. Miss Bemidji a lot!

Cindy said...

Gonna try to play along, after I go grocery shopping (ugh). Love your card, and the empty bench chair is just so poignant.

Anonymous said...

I like seeing this set used. It intimidates me, but most things I've seen made with it are cute, like this card. Great job.

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card, and your yellow ribbon is just lovely!

Susan S said...

pretty card - love the colors. Thanks for the challenge

Tammy said...

Beautiful card, I love these colors!

Tami B. said...

Thanks for hosting. This was a fun one.

Kajikit said...

Love the colours... but were we supposed to use an actual yellow ribbon on our card? Or is it enough to use the colour palette? I don't use ribbon much...

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Great colors, great challenge!

Unknown said...

I really like these colors all put together. I will be working on this card first tomorrow. Maybe I will dream up some great idea for the card tonight.

Susan said...

what if you do not have these stampin up colors? When OWH approved this challenge, did they not think about people, who may not have a lot of SU stuff?

Nice card, though!

Yvonne B. said...

Nice summery colors--nice combination. I finally got my card finished for this challenge. Thanks for the opportunity!

TR said...

Thank you for the lovely color combination challenge.

Girl4GodsGrace said...

Thanks for the challenge! Loved your card! Have a Happy 4th of July!!

Paula S. said...

Thanks for being and OWH party host this weekend and posting this wonderful color challenge. I really enjoyed it!

Marsha said...

Great color combo. Like your CAS card.

Anonymous said...

love the flower laid on the settle! (actually I liked all of the links pictured)

Mickey Roberts said...

Great challenge colors and love the settee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails