Friday, February 6, 2015

Retired Stamps Love and Thoughts on Passports

I am back again with more watercoloring! This card is made with a stamp set that is retired, and that I honestly did not play with very much when it was current. I always meant too, and still think it is adorable. Alas, there are many stamps that I think are adorable and this one must find a new home. It is for sale in my eBay account. Here is a link to it. You know, in case one of you all out there decides this set must come to your house ;)

I did not actually use watercolor paper this time. It is Naturals White cardstock, and it handles watercoloring almost as well as the real thing. First, I embossed the flowers in White embossing powder, then I used the fine tip Aquapainter to color the flowers in Coastal Cabana, Blackberry Bliss, and Hello Honey. I love how the colors bled and blended! The background was then watercolored with dilute Crumb Cake reinker. The sentiment is a favorite of mine from PTI.
  • Stamps: Time Well Spent (retired SU), Happy For You (PTI)
  • Ink: Versamark, Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake
  • Paper: Naturals White, Hello Honey
  • Other: 1" Square punch, Embossing Buddy, White Detail embossing powder, Heat Tool, Aquapainters, dimensionals, sewing machine and thread

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

 Here is a little closer shot of the card. I don't have this card anymore, but I am seriously thinking of making it again! Silly I know, but I loved how it turned out.

Now, to continue with my goal to share more about me! My hubby and I are going on our first cruise in March. We will be going to Labadee, Haiti, then Falmouth, Jamaica, then Georgetown, Grand Cayman, and last stop before cruising home will be Cozumel, Mexico. Anybody have suggestions on what we should go see and do? We plan on doing some snorkeling for sure.
I was super excited when our passports came in the mail last week. So excited, in fact, that I read mine all the way through! And holy cow, passports are done beautifully! So rich in texture and detail, and they smell like money, lol! Literally, they smell like money! I realize all the detail and texture are forgery prevention, but still. I am really such a geek :)

Now, please share your thoughts with me! Ideas, comments, suggestions are all welcome :)

1 comment:

Kim Jolley said...

Another beauty! Thanks for tip on the Naturals cardstock regarding watercolor, I had not tried it yet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails