Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Watered Feathers


I am back again with another watercolor card! This was a card I made for a swap this fall and I got to indulge my love of blues here :)

My first step was to stamp the feather image repeatedly with Versamark ink on a panel of watercolor paper, then heat embossed with White embossing powder. Then I wet the watercolor paper with plain water, then added the stripes of different colors. After the colors died, I spritzed again with some Pearlized water (Perfect Pearls in Pearl color mixed in a water mister).
I think you got the rest :)
  • Stamps: Four Feathers, Wetlands
  • Ink: Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Lost Lagoon, Versamark
  • Paper: Smoky Slate, Lost Lagoon, Watercolor
  • Other: Big Shot with Ovals framelits, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer and Mat, Lost Lagoon Satin ribbon, Embossing Buddy, White embossing powder, Heat Tool, Aquapainter, Signo white gel pen, dimensionals, sewing machine and thread

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 I stamped a feather in each color of ink on the inside edge and drew a border with my Signo white gel pen, of course!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Here are a few New Arrivals to the Stampin' Up scene, go check them out! I personally can't wait to get my hands on that new Photopolymer set!

I feel like doing a little more watercoloring, how about you? :)

1 comment:

Doris said...

This card is absolutely stunning! I love how you used the feather image to make a wave pattern. A unique and beautiful way to use this set! Thanks for the inspiration!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails