Tutorials section on SCS.
I have been really loving the color combo of Hello Honey and Tip Top Taupe lately, and the addition of Gold embossing powder really classes it up. So I went with that! And I used the Embossing Folder Stamping tutorial.
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper to 4"x5¼", apply Hello Honey ink directly to the Large Polka Dots embossing folder (I just used my ink pad, but you can use a brayer or a sponge dauber), just on the side with the Sizzix logo on it. Lightly spritz folder with a couple spritzes of water. Lay the watercolor paper onto the inked portion of the folder, close the folder, and gently press and hold the paper for about 10-30 seconds so the watercolor paper has a chance to absorb the ink well.
- Allow to air dry, or dry well with a heat tool. Very important!! Do not skip this step. If the dots are still wet, the next step will get muddy.
- Using you Aqua-painter and some ink squeezed into the lid of the Tip Top Taupe inkpad, fill in the rest of the watercolor paper. One of the tricks with watercolor is that if you let a color dry completely, you can generally paint over it without the dry color bleeding or blending.
- Let the Tip Top Taupe ink dry.
- Cut a 2"x5¼" strip of vellum, swipe with the Embossing Buddy, stamp Happy Birthday with Versamark ink and sprinkle with Gold embossing powder, heat set with heat tool.
- Stitch around the panel with sewing machine and white thread, securing the vellum strip in the stitching.
- Adhere the panel to the Thick Whisper White card base.
- Ink up the embossing folder again with alternating colored dots and press along the bottom edge of the inside panel. Or maybe use sponge daubers cuz mine got a little messy :)
So what do you think? Are you going to be trying this technique? It is a fun way to get more use out of your embossing folders :)
As always, if you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)