Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Kindred Stamps Release: Science Geeks



It is Kindred Stamps Release week, and there is so much awesomeness to share!! I was lucky enough to get to play with Science Geeks. These are my people. I am such a nerd!



As soon as I got this set, I had to color the ladies. They are totally outnumbered, but they can certainly hold their own! 😉




The fellas were just as fun to color. Copics are now my preferred coloring medium for these types of images. And the more I use them, the faster I get at picking out colors!


Since I already had this super-nerd colored and cut out, this card came together in a flash. I used the Spaceship Panels stencil with some light grey ink on light grey paper. Stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black ink. Popped super-nerd up in the center, and done!


And that sentiment! So clever. All my nerdy friends will love it too.


This time it is the Swirls stencil that gets to play. I inked the Soft Granite ink first, then rotated the stencil and used Balmy Blue and Highland Heather inks.


The panel was spritzed with Pearlized water and dried with my heat tool. I stitched around the edge with my sewing machine. Then stamped and clear heat embossed the sentiment on some light grey cardstock, and adhered to the front of the card.


I had to do a card with all those brilliant ladies. The background is embossed with an embossing folder from my stash. And the ladies are standing on a piece of white cardstock sponged in Poppy Parade and Flirty Flamingo, then spritzed with Pearlized water and dried with my heat tool.


I am rather pleased with the coloring of the hair on these. Still a skill I am working on!

That's all I have right now. But check this out:

The entire Kindred Stamps January release will be available Friday, January 25th at 8am PST/11am EST. Be sure to check out the Kindred Stamps blog on Friday for the full product release as well as the complete line up of all the Kindred Stamps Design Team projects from release week! If you visit and comment on all of the designers' blogs this week, you could win $15 in Kindred Stamps shop credit! So join the Fan Club and release event, show the design team some love, and get ready to empty those wallets this Friday!

24 comments:

Marcia - The Frolicking Fairy said...

All of your cards are just so perfect, and your coloring is awesome!! I admit, I love that swirl though!! lol

Cami said...

Lovin' the girls card. Great job.

Lynne Wagner said...

Oh my goodness- your coloring is just perfection! I love the swirl background, but I'm really loving that all girls card.

Michelle Varol said...

Very cool... that last card with the 3 ladies is too cool for school!

Sonoran Starfish Designs said...

These are awesome! Great coloring on the characters and that spiral background is fabulous!

Holly Reifke said...

Great coloring! Especially enjoying the girls card... but you did get me to throw the swirl stencil on my wishlist.

Meg O said...

The hair looks amazing! You did a fantastic job!

Jana Gutsch said...

Wonderful work can't wait to try this out. Beautiful

Turtlechelle said...

Love that you featured the ladies!

Crystal Snedegar said...

I love the card with all the girls!

Jamie C said...

Super cool cards! I was distracted by your feet picture and saw that you're in MN too! I actually graduated from BSU :D

MadeByMeghanK said...

Your coloring is great! I love how you did their hair! So much fun!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wonderful cards.

Zara93 said...

Love the inspiration

Michele said...

You really nailed their looks. I love it

Katie said...

You really brought the characters to life! Love your cards!

Ann said...

Great cards, love the one with the ladies!

Margie Martinson said...

Great texture to your backgrounds with this nerdy stamps.

Kelli said...

Beautiful cards, I love the one with the girls! A great card to show support for the ladies in our life!

Kim Marie said...

All beautiful! Your coloring is beyond great! Love all the images!

Dotsy said...

Love all of these, especially the girl cards! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

Your coloring is just amazing! And I love each of your cards! So much fun!

Lisa Chwojdak said...

Fun cards. I am looking forward to making my own with this set.

Liz said...

Super cute! Love the coloring 💕

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails