Monday, January 7, 2019

Kindred Stamps: Day of the Dead Sugar Skulls



I am so happy to be able to join the Design Team for a second term, and hope to bring you many fabulous ideas to inspire your own creativity!

This time I get to play with the Day of the Dead stamp set. I realize it is not the season, but really. Sugar skulls are beautiful all the time! I couldn't resist creating a background showcasing those skulls.


I chose 4 colors of Copic markers and alternated the parts they colored on each skull. Then I decided the background needed to be a light gray, so I took N0 and N1and colored it.

Then I just had to add a bit of sparkle to the sugar skulls, so I used Clear Wink of Stella over all of them!

The sentiment is white heat embossed on black cardstock, and backed with some silver glitter paper.


Inside, the sugar skull is simply stamped in Smoky Slate ink with a sentiment from the set underneath in Versafine Onyx Black.

I am going to get a bit deep here, but I believe that we all need to come to terms with death and mortality, of those around us and our own. By reminding ourselves that it is an inevitable part of life, and not something to fear, maybe we can learn to help our loved ones through their ends with as much peace, and as much joy, as possible. Yes, that is the nurse in me. Death comes to us all. Let us celebrate the lives already lived, remembering the ones that have passed with more joy than heaviness. AND to value our elders, their amazing stories, and experiences.

Now, go create some of your own stories! (and creations) 😉

1 comment:

Charlet Mallett said...

Super fun card Tanya. Love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails