Friday, April 24, 2009

Butterfly Graduation Card

Well, it's getting to be that time of year again. Lots of graduations coming up, lots of new beginning's and major achievements. And time to make some graduation cards! Here is a very girlie one I just made tonight.


The butterfly is cut from a corrugated cardboard box with one layer peeled off, then inked with 2 colors of ink and embossed a little with clear EP. Love this element! I have been trying to work it into a project for over a week now. :)
I also love the way the scalloped border edge looks tucked between the 2 layers of eyelet border.
  • Stamps: Great Grad
  • Paper: Kraft, Regal Rose, Purely Pomegranate (retired), Wild Wasabi (retired), Whisper White
  • Ink: Regal Rose, Purely Pomegranate (retired), Wild Wasabi (retired), Whisper White, Versamark
  • Other: Beautiful Butterflies die and Flourish texture plate with Big Shot, white gel pen, clear EP, heat dun, silver brads and eyelets, Crop-A-Dile, Pink Rhinestone brad, Eyelet and Scallop edge punches, dimensionals, paper piercer and mat pack for brad placement
This is a close-up of that gorgeous butterfly. I just LOVE it! Doesn't it almost look like it has frosting on it?! Of course, now this card won't fit in an A2 envelope, but I have a stash of envelopes in various sizes, so I found one that will work :) Pack-ratting does work sometimes!

This is the inside of the card. I inked the stamp with Versamark, then inked it again with Regal Rose, then stamped it on the Regal Rose paper. then used clear EP to emboss it. Just yummy in real life! You can't tell in the pics, but I did the same with "GRAD" on the front of the card.
Tell me what you think :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails