Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sympathy Card for Roxanne

My department supervisor's husband died on Saturday morning after a week of being comatose after a brain bleed. Very sad. Roxanne and Stuart loved each other so obviously in their quiet way. You know the type of relationship. Their faces always lit up when they saw each other or when they talked about each other. The little touches and the body language all screamed tenderness, love, and caring. I had been thinking about doing a Thinking of you card for her on Friday, then a co-worker called Saturday morning to let me know that Stuart had passed away at 4am. Would I like to make a card, she says. Uh, duh! Of Course! Then she says "How long do you think you need to get it done, cuz I could come get it this morning." This was at 9:30am. I wasn't even out of bed yet when she called! But I told her to give me an hour and I would get something put together. Good thing I already had a card layout in mind and knew which stamps I wanted to use. So, at 11 am she shows up at my door. Hey, she even gave me an extra half hour, good girl! Then she watched me finish up. I made a standard A2 sized card- not thinking! Everyone in our dept is going to sign this thing, need more space! So half way through making it, I decided I needed to include an insert for a continuation of signatures. It all worked out. And here it is! I think I can say that I am happy with it.


  • Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
  • Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
  • Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Rose Red, Choc Chip, Close to Cocoa
  • Other: Big Shot with Damask texture plate and Lots of Tags #2 die, Wide Oval and Large Oval punches, paper piercer and mat pack, white gel pen, distressing tool, CAD, antique brass eyelets, fresh favorites II buttons, garage sale buttons, dimensionals, sponges

1 comment:

Debra said...

How sad, but what a great card you made!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails