Friday, April 10, 2009

My Swaps for Regionals

I had the opportunity to go to Stampin Up! Minneapolis Regionals this past weekend, and it was a blast! I met a lot of other crazy women like myself, swapped project, talked, and learned a few new techniques. All well worth it! I thought I would share what I brought to swap with the ladies.

This is a gift card/wallet size photo/business card holder. It turned out really cute and really inspired by the need to have something to put my daughter's Senior photos in one morning before she went to school. It will hold around 20 photos.
  • Stamps: Great Friends
  • Paper: Pink Passion, Choc Chip, Whisper White
  • Ink: Pink Passion, Choc Chip
  • Other: Scallop Border punch, White Gel pen, Scallop Circle punch, scissors, dimensionals, scoring blade and paper trimmer, sticky strip
  1. Start with a 7-1/2x4-1/2" piece of pink cs. Score ate 1/4" and 1/2" on each long edge. Then score at 2", 2-1/4", 4-7/8", and 5-1/8" starting on one short edge.
  2. Trim off the scored 1/4" and 1/2" parts from the 2" score line down.
  3. Stamp your images on one side of the paper, on the outside.
  4. Fold on the score lines, adhere sticky strip to the flap and adhere to form a pocket.
  5. Take a 3-1/2" long strip of Choc Chip and scallop the edge. Trim to 1/2" wide. Adhere to bottom edge of front flap. Use gel pen to decorate as shown.
  6. Punch out a Choc Chip Scallop Circle.
  7. Stamp frame in Choc Chip on WW. Ink phrase in PP, then use CC marker to color the word Friend. Use Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line image up in middle of the frame, huff on stamp and stamp image. Cut out the frame. Adhere to the Scallop Circle. Use a dimensional to adhere to front of the box. All Done!


This is the 6x6" scrapbook page I did. It was a fun one to do! I happened to have a ton of extra More Mustard paper and wanted to use some of it up, and this just looked so toasty tanned :)
  • Stamps: Life's a Beach, Somethin' Fishy JW
  • Paper: More Mustard, Ruby Red, Brilliant Blue
  • Ink: Same as above
  • Other: Harlequin Texture plate, Lots of Tags die #3, Big Shot, Large Oval, Scallop Circle, Photo Corners, 1-3/8" circle, and 1-1/4" circle punches, Paper piercer, brads, dimensionals, sponges

I won't explain it all, I think you can probably figure it out. But if you do have questions, just post a comment :)


And this is the Card Font that I made, with the help of Irene, Krystle, Kaylee, Cassie, and Geoffrey at my Mother-In-Law's house one weekend in March? I think. They were a great help!

  • Stamps: Heard from the Heart, Bella's Border wheel
  • Paper: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
  • Ink: Close to Cocoa, Choc Chip, Barely Banana
  • Other: sponges, Eyelet Border punch, Beautiful Butterflies die and Big Shot, tape runner, Choc Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Certainly Celery 5/8" poly twill ribbon, lighter, glue dots or sticky strip to adhere just the center of the butterfly to the card.

I used the same method to make the butterflies as explained here. The rest is pretty simple.

I hope you like them!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails