Here are the steps to making this card:
- Cut a watercolor piece to 5½"x8½, score in half at 4¼". This is the card base. Cut another piece of watercolor paper to 2"x5¼" (or 4"x5¼" if you are going to make 2 cards, then cut this in half when done with the watercoloring)
- Stamp the holly branch all over the panel in Versamark, leaving a 1½" strip empty for the sentiment. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Use Aqua-painter and Garden Green ink to apply a wash, darker at the top and bottom, fading as you work toward the center. Be sure to leave that strip blank for the sentiment. When this is dry, use Cherry Cobbler ink to color the berries red.
- Stamp the sentiment in Archival Black ink in the blank strip.
- Apply dimensionals to the back of the watercolored panel, create a nest of gold thread and stick to the dimensionals. Set aside.
- Cut a piece of vellum to4"x5¼", emboss with Softly Falling embossing folder. Stitch to the card front (make sure the card is open before you start stitching or you will have to improvise later :) )
- Adhere the watercolor panel to the card front, mostly to the right side.
- If you start to stitch the vellum to the closed card base by accident, then you can cover your goof by stamping the holly branch just under the stitch marks- ink the stamp with Garden Green, stamp off once, then spritz with water and stamp on the watercolor card base.
- Then add Cherry Cobbler to the berries with an Aqua-painter.
- Take a 2" strip of vellum, stamp the sentiment in Archival Black, sprinkle with Clear embossing powder, and heat emboss.
- Then stitch over the previous stitch marks.
This card came together pretty quickly so it is perfect for making a whole bunch!
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)