Thursday, February 23, 2012

Button it Up


This is #2 of my swaps for the birthday card swap at Stampin' Addicts that I did recently.  The category for this one is MASCULINE. For some reason, saddle stitch ribbon and buttons are very masculine to me. I don't know why. Woodgrain and blocky letters fit in there too.


I hope this isn't too fussy for a guy card. And I ended up using more than one set for this.... I couldn't help it!! I really try to stick to just one set for swap cards so that they are good for demonstrating at a workshop. No point in overwhelming new stampers. They will find out soon enough how addictive this stuff is ;)
 To create the dovetail on the banner, I measure up 1" from the bottom and pencil marked a dot in the center, then cut from each corner up to the dot with a scissor.
Since I used the clear mount stamps, I cut the Happy Birthday stamp into 2 pieces and was able to easily have different colors for each word, and to stack them instead of having them be one line. And when I want to have them be one line and the same color again, all I have to do is line the cut edges up on one block instead of two! The best of both worlds:)

  • Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes, Button, Button, Woodgrain BG
  • Paper: Very Vanilla, River Rock, Pumpkin Pie, Not Quite Navy
  • Ink: Whisper White Craft,  River Rock, Pumpkin Pie, Not Quite Navy
  • Other: Big Shot with Labels Framelits and Buttons #5 sizzlet , Signo White gel pen, White Baker's Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not too fussy -the woodgrain background makes it a grown-up-guy
card

Yapha said...

Fantastic card!! I love those colors together for a guy card! Great tip on the sentiment, too.

Katherine said...

This is a great guy card! I always struggle with those - works for a boy too!

Paula said...

Great card Tanya! And I love the tip about cutting the stamp in half. It's really long so it's hard to use the other way. :)

Mickey Roberts said...

Great "masculine" card! Love the colors you chose.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Buttons as masculine--you rock!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

This is awesome! I love how you added the white gel to the banner cool idea!

Shelley Z said...

Love this card! You succeed in finding a good masculine touch to it! I'm going home to cut apart that stamp. I never thought about doing that for some reason!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails