Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Love You More

Happy Valentine's Day!! I am a bit of a romantic, as is my hubby. So you would think this day would be a big deal for us. It's not, because we like to do little acts of kindness for each other most every day. But maybe we should make it more special... we all like an excuse to do something extra special for those we love!

This is the card I made for my hubby. There is a little private meaning to this :) We get into a little playful fight with this phrase, and the winner is the one we says it last. Silly , I know. But silly is good for the soul. Really. It is. Look it up. ;)



I finally broke down and got the Houndstooth  embossing folder, and it is so perfectly masculine, I just love it! ANd reinked my Craft White inkpad and used the back of a plastic spoon to really rub it in. Boy Howdy, what a difference that made!


 I will have to think of something witty and sweet to put on the inside, before he gets home in 4 hours! I don't think I will share that with you all, it might get a little X rated, even after all these years ;) We have been together for 23 years, will be 24 this summer, and will celebrate our 22nd anniversary this June. How did time go so fast?!
I hope you all have a great day, whether it is with a honey, or blissfully free of commitment!


  • Stamps: Woodgrain BG, I (Heart) Hearts, PS I Love You
  • Paper: Naturals White, River Rock, Cherry Cobbler
  • Ink: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, River Rock, black pen
  • Other: Big Shot with Houndstooth EF and Hearts Framelits die, Word Window and 2-3/8 Scallop Circle and Jewelry Tag punches, Silver Mini brads, 1/16" punch, Stampin Dimensionals.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the tip about using the back of a plastic spoon - I've had trouble with the white ink

Yapha said...

Great Valentine! I love the woodgrain and the houndstooth! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

Jen Timko said...

Love that this card has such special meaning! Great card!

Paula said...

Great card Tanya! Perfect of your hubby. :)

Katherine said...

This is great - I love the tag!

Mickey Roberts said...

Great card! My husband and I have a similar silly thing going with that phrase. It's a nice way to get back in touch with each other after a long day apart.

Shelley Z said...

What a great masculine Valentine! Hope that your hubby enjoyed it!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the card--crumb cake and red. love it!

Carmen said...

Love this card but love your story more!! Too sweet!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Great card! I bet your hubby loved it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails