Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sweet Friend


I know this is a retired set, but I still love it :) I made this card to show my niece and nephew, Kaylee and Austin, how to do the Poppin' Pastels technique. Really fun technique and it looks great with this set. To do Poppin' Pastels, you just stamp an image with Versamark ink, then apply different colors of pastels to the image. The Versamark makes the pastels stick just where the image is!


It is also a gate fold card, meaning it opens in the center of the cardfront. This is also a very simple variation from the traditional card fold. The kids and I had a great time playing around making this card, and I showed them the Faux Suede technique too! They did great for a 9 y/o girl and a 5 y/o boy!
  • Stamps:You Are Loved
  • Paper: Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede, Whisper White
  • Ink: Versamark, Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede
  • Other: Big Shot with Hearts Framelits, 1" Square punch, Modern Label punch, Signo white gel pen, Stampin' Pastels, Stampin' Dimensionals, Qtips 


I used the sentiment that came with this set to finish it off on the inside. Such a great thinking-of-you phrase!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Tanya - I left a blog award for you to pick up on my site.

Anonymous said...

Adorable card! Love the color combo and layout. Gosh, I need to try that technique again; haven't used it in ages and it's such a good one! Thanks for the inspiration.

Paula said...

What a great gate fold card. I haven't made one in a long time. I should do that soon. :)

Shelley Z said...

Lovely! Sounds like a fun day with your niece and nephew. I need to bust out my pastels again!

Yapha said...

Absolutely stunning card! Makes want to break out the chalks for Poppin' Pastels!!

Katherine said...

This is so pretty - I love the soft look of the stamped image.

Mickey Roberts said...

Love those gate fold cards and yours is just beautiful! How fun that you're sharing your gifts with another generation!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Sweet card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails